[FINALIZED] 1986 Mk1a/b crossover (standard)

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ayresyboy

1986 Mk1a/b crossover (standard)

Post by ayresyboy »

Hi guys and gals,

Putting my red C reg Mk1a/b crossover up for sale.

Not had it long but just got myself a supercharger version so this must go to make room and release funds.

Previous owner fully restored this a while ago. Sorry not too sure exactly when off the top of my head as not got the paperwork to hand as I write this. Will check and add details later. Anyway suffice to say all rust issues have been sorted. (Edit: Vehicle dry stored from Feb 2005 until it's refurb completed in May 2015. There is a 2 page hand written note of all work completed).

Few chips, dings and paint discolourations here and there but nothing that detracts from the overall good appearance.

MOT expires 30 Jan 2019. Previous owner had a good look underneath at the time and reported it looking excellent. (They doused it in rust preventer during the restoration).

157k miles (ish) but there are no issues with the engine. Pulls really well. Recently did a few hundred mile trip and it didn't miss a beat.

Gearbox is also good. Whilst fifth gear has never popped out on me I can feel it sometimes wanting to. Never bothered me but if it did I'd get the popular 6 speed conversion.

Stacks of history and photos of the restoration. Logbook in my name. Will find out number of owners. (Edit: Logbook states No. of former keepers 6) Budget tyres but plenty life left.

I've had a few Mk1's as well as the other marks of our gorgeous MR2's. For such a good honest example I'll only advertise here and mk1club first as it deserves to go to a club member.

Car is SORN and located in Hythe, Kent (CT21). Give me a call if you want more info. 07773720320.

Like I say I'll try to add to the above when I get back to mine and find all the history.

£2500

Cheers, Andy

ayresyboy

Re: [FINALIZED] 1986 Mk1a/b crossover (standard)

Post by ayresyboy »

Due to lack of interest this car will be sold with no reserve at Hobbs Parker Classic Car auction in Ashford, Kent on 13 July.

Lot 915

https://www.hobbsparker.co.uk/car-aucti ... gs.aKom7cM
Feedback Bot

Re: [FINALIZED] 1986 Mk1a/b crossover (standard)

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”