Ben's 5S-GTE Build

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alan_uk

Re: Ben's 5S-GTE Build

Post by alan_uk »

this is going to be awesome

cant wait to see it progress :)

:thumleft:
BTWW

Post by BTWW »

So a few weeks ago I cracked the Greddy exhaust manifold that's currently fitted to my MR2 again. This has been a constant problem since fitting it and has been welded back together and braced several times. The cracking was just too extensive to fix this time though.

Happily I had picked up a spare a while ago, albeit a top-mount. This meant that I'd need to make up new oil lines, down pipe, screamer pipe, and fit the new charge cooler core and intake I had for fitting the 5S.

Turbo mocked up and oil lines made.

Next I made up the downpipe and screamer out of 304 stainless pipe and 316 stainless for the brackets. Also decided to swap all my exhaust flanges for vbands.

Braced the screamer against the block and used a small flexi section in an effort to prevent cracking.

Downpipe finished and o2 sensors fitted.

Swapped the rear exhaust flange for a v-band for easy removal later.

Whilst everything was apart I discovered that my drivers side exhaust mount had snapped off of the exhaust. Replaced the broken half with 316 stainless.

Big air filter fitted.

Charge cooler core mounting bracket made up and fitted.

All inlet hoses fitted using Murray turbo seal clamps.

mr2turbo333

Post by mr2turbo333 »

dam man wish u was doin this for me on an engine i want to do the same thing but i wouldnt be able to do it . lucky u

hows this project goin?
Simon.Round

My Old Car!

Post by Simon.Round »

So this is really weird but 8 years ago today i sold that car! Feeling nostalgic, i googled the reg and an image search lead me to this page! As my IMOC user (SiDude, first registered in 2006!) must have expired ive had to re-register just to say....

HOLY xxxx!!! THATS MY OLD CAR!!! COOOOOOL!!!

The reg plates said One Life, No Fear along the bottom, it had MR2OC stickers in the sides and an old Autopanache sticker in the rear. Ive still got the old reg plates in the shed, i had the square ones done for it you can see in the first pic.

Please tell me you still own this car!! I'd love to message you about it and see what it looks like today!! Im still friends with the previous 2 owners of this car so can tell you the history of it from when it first hit UK shores in 1999 (April I think it was) until March 2010 when i got rid of it and i only got rid of it as i become a dad and a 2 seater wasnt big enough anymore!

You would not believe how much i have missed this car over the years, to see some more pics of it again and see it had some great work done to it makes me feel so happy.

Please reply here or PM me and let me know if you still own the car!

Return to “Member Profiles”