[Mk2] [Turbo] Fuel pressure sensor location?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

yokomomr4bx

[Mk2] [Turbo] Fuel pressure sensor location?

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Hi guys,

Simple question for those of you out there with fuel pressure gauges, where to did you plumb your sensor in?

Thanks!
androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Fuel pressure sensor location?

Post by androo007 »

Aftermarket or stock regulator?
yokomomr4bx

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Stock regulator
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Just curious, why do you want to measure stock fuel pressure?

Answer here: http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/41/160495.html
yokomomr4bx

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Ta, to monitor a very frustrating 'glitch' I'm working through in the thread below:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=193669

Fuel pressure would otherwise not be high up on my list of gauges to be fitting!
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

between the filter and the rail, not really anywhere else to fit it that see the pressure after the filter.
yokomomr4bx

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Yes, in terms of general location I was aware it needed to be between the pump and rail! However I was searching for specific location examples, i.e. this point on the fuel rail there is a blank with x thread or at this point in this section of hose the internal diameter is x so i can order an adapter accordingly.

So for anyone who ventures onto this thread in the future I will upload a photo tomorrow of the location I fitted the adaptor T from which to plumb in the pressure sender. But in case I forget to upload a photo...

The flexible pipe between the fuel filter (rail side) banjo and the hard pipe, running underneath the coolant filler neck, is suitable for cutting into and using a fuel pressure sender adaptor with 8mm inlet/outlet ports/barbs. The item I used was a mere £15 from Merlin Motorsport and does the job perfectly.
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

just used an inline T at the input end of the rail. Was not running the standard filter-to-rail hose, it was braided with AN fittings.

Return to “Modifications”