www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Thursday fiasco

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Thursday fiasco Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Guy's I've been giving this a lot of thought, but I doubt very much I'll be coming to JAE anymore [Sad]

With the new organisers dropping Thursday it's way to far for me to drive 720+ mile round trip, with travel its practically a one day show now, I used to leave at 5:30am on Thursday to get there for opening time, I did this so I could make more of a weekend of it.

To drive all that way for what is effectively one day is just to much and in effect a 25% price hike

This would of been my 11th JAE , but now don't know if I'll do another. [Sad]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Chris.
You need to be there..It won't be the same without you.
Leave the same time, and I will sort something. I have family who live 20 mins away. I can meet you there and we can have a few beers, and make our way to be there at first light Friday morning. [thumleft]

edit: offer is open to any other IMOC'ers too [thumleft] [thumleft]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

OUKIE TIME

your not allowed not to come wheres me Onda bro innit!!!

Hail Cosmos Eagle 1998 -
RIP White Eagle 1991 - 2016
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

what time is "First Light" [shocked] [shocked] [shocked]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Chris you are coming yes,????? i will crwy & crwy if you dont come [Sad]
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Similar conversations happening over on MR2OC as well. The loss of Thursday is a huge hit for the show for a lot of people. Probably won't see many clubs coming over from Europe or down from Scotland this year. The poor communication so far this year hasn't gone down well either.

Sunday is a pack up day really, most of us are working on the Monday and want to get home at a reasonable hour. Thursday offset this and gave us two full days at the show.
aussieGT

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Gazza_DJ wrote:
Similar conversations happening over on MR2OC as well. The loss of Thursday is a huge hit for the show for a lot of people. Probably won't see many clubs coming over from Europe or down from Scotland this year. The poor communication so far this year hasn't gone down well either.

Sunday is a pack up day really, most of us are working on the Monday and want to get home at a reasonable hour. Thursday offset this and gave us two full days at the show.

Hopefully the new organisers can reconsider their decision, cutting out big numbers of attendees can be the beginning of a slow death for events like this.
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi I would agree

I suspect its a money saving exercise for the organizers, we always come down Friday morning, but i can see people traveling from much further afield want to make the most of it

Maybe the clubs can make further representations to the organizers... although i suspect its all set in stone now
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well I still would like to come, I have even thought about getting a hotel on the Thursday night, more cost.

The whole jae Nigel thing on bookface had me doing many face palms.

That and my wife has been out of work since last October, makes it even harder to justify [Sad]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

if you want a hotel better get it booked quick, but if you get a hotel or B&B out side Peterborough you'll get it cheaper.

Ive booked the Holiday inn at the entrance by gum they certainly put the price up when events are on, at least one can partake of falling down water, and stagger to hotel [Smile]

I'm looking to try our best to get set off asap Friday morning get there earlier than usual

Look forward to see you guys
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

oukie wrote:

The whole jae Nigel thing on bookface had me doing many face palms.

What's he been saying now? [Rolling Eyes] [Laughing]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

My FB account is blocked I cleared my laptop out & forgot what my password was, I have to wait for another 9 hours or so before I can get back in.

I suspect its all a money saving exercise, Ive sort of been getting a bit JAE jaded, if I'm honest, not with the people who go, i don't know its getting almost impersonal.

I could be reading it wrong but, I feel fewer clubs are going, and indeed are there fewer clubs out there now, is the Trafford Centre meet tyre smoking idiots becoming more prevalent in the Mod / Car scene?

I could just be fed up today ha ha
aussieGT

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

wilkie senior wrote:

I suspect its all a money saving exercise, Ive sort of been getting a bit JAE jaded, if I'm honest, not with the people who go, i don't know its getting almost impersonal.

I could be reading it wrong but, I feel fewer clubs are going, and indeed are there fewer clubs out there now, is the Trafford Centre meet tyre smoking idiots becoming more prevalent in the Mod / Car scene?

I could just be fed up today ha ha

Last was my first one, I did see quite a few people who came in on sunday afternoon to check out the cars, they looked very JAEded when most of what they saw was tired looking people packing up tents or empty car club lots.

Maybe you are getting a bit old and grumpy? Maybe I am, I found the bonda rhondas revving the nuts off their cars at silly o'clock squealing, 'do a burnout, do a burnout' pretty average….
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ha ha possibly

The reving up boobs seem to have died down a bit, not sure if we chatted last year at all if your going again please come and call me a grumpy old git, my lad will be with me again

The cosmos 2 was his his, my white was broken and his was part of bank of dad loan agreement for his Beemer

regards
Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> JAE 2018 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: