Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Done a little bit more last night and tonight. The stereo was crackling all the time, turbo timer stuffed up behind the dash and the cig lighter was not working. Also untidy wiriring above the foot pedals which kept dropping down whilst driving.

Had the dash plastics off and stereo out, found and fixed a broken wire which cured the stereo crackle, clipped the cig lighter connection back on and tidied the wiring above the pedals and cable tied them neatly out of the way.

Also mounted the turbo timer below the steering column (used cable ties for this as I do not want to damage the dash or make holes).

I also removed the volt and boost gauge screen which was mounted inside the clock recess and ran it into the gloveboxalong with the control joystick. I will need to come up with a solution to make it look neat in there.

Had a quick wipe down of plastic and put everything back to together for now. I am missing an ashtray and a stock clock now if anyone has them for sale please PM me.

craig

Post by craig »

Nice one Dan. Good feeling putting things right and ticking 'em off the list :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Right. After the last load of messing I had relocated my voltmeter screen to glovebox and also ran a new iphone cable there too. I made a balls up and connected a wire up at the rear of the stereo which kept blowing the fuse to my sidelights, finally retraced my steps tonight and sorted that issue!!

After moving the voltage screen I was left with a gaping hole so purchased a new stock clock and also replacement ashtray. I thought the original clock cable had been cut at first but eventually found it tucked behind the side of the speedo cluster.

All back together now. I am currently in talks with Alan Bryson to make me a one off pod for my volt screen which will neaten it inside my glovebox.

Really enjoying sorting a few bits myself, nice to have time on the car for a change.

Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

This is going to be the new spot within the glovebox for the screen.

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Right. Well aside from awaiting for my wheels to come back.. My car now has literally no niggles. The Stern wheels need to go back on and Abflug arches to be done, but this is the best the car has been in a long time.

Had discussions today with Matt at Rogue regards a forged build. It will be started around October and the aim is for it to be built for a reliable 350bhp, with the potential for around 400bhp in the future.

I still currently have my original rev1 block, but Matt has advised me the rev5 blocks are considered a better option due to being less prone to cracking at the water pump area. So i have a decision to make on which way I go with that, keep my original or go rev5.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Rev 5 NA? Given the minimal amount of work to make it happen....go rev 5. Also get a comparative quote from YVS. You'll be surprised.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I may well enquire mate.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Sack ripoff rogue off and go to yvs.

There was a guy earlier in the year who posted a quote up for a forged engine build from both companies, one was realistic, the other laughable
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Rogue provided a rather expensive quote for me too.
craig

Post by craig »

As above mate, give YVS a call :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cheers guys. I will have a chat with YVS before I agree for Rogue to carry out the work, I guess it would be silly not to compare a couple of quotes.

In the meantime, yesterday this happened..
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Wheelmaniacs at Tipton West Midlands.Brilliant refurb.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Looking very tidy, I like it! :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looking very tidy, I like it!

Cheers it still needs absolutely loads of stuff doing though!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Spacer kit ordered from Germany and extended wheels studs. Two reasons - 1 to move the tyres away from the coilovers and secondly getting ready for the Abflugs to go on. Slow progress at the moment due to house hunting.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks like after 11 years with this one and a total of 14 years constant `MR2`ing`my journey with the little Toyota is coming to an end.

Mark Morris will shortly be the new owner and registered keeper. Thanks guys it has been fun!

:thumleft: :thumleft:
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Good luck Dan and to the new owner.

What are your plans for a new car?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cheers mate.

New owner collected today the water pump failed on his journey home! Very bad luck on the day he purchased it but will be sorted.

Taking a little break at the moment, selling my Jag and doing a bit to the house, then I will make a decision where I go next... I will still keep an eye on IMOC and follow the MR2 scene

Return to “Member Profiles”