Blyton Park in my Rev5 N/A (onboard footage)

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HughesR1

Blyton Park in my Rev5 N/A (onboard footage)

Post by HughesR1 »

I've been dying to get this car on a proper open pitlane trackday as I didn't feel like I got enough seat time at Donnington (sessions not open pit).

At first I was shocked at the amount of bodyroll it had around Blyton (even with the dampers cracked all the way up), but once I got to grips with it I couldn't have been happier. The day was shared with Lotus-on-track and GT86 owners club so I thought the MR2 might have been out of its league slightly but it wasn't the case. Once the A048's had warmed up its was absolutely spot on :mrgreen:

Video footage : www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z3R5fVpF-8&feature=youtu.be

Next mod will be some adjustable ARB for sure!
1998 MR2 Rev5 NA (Road & Track)
1998 Porsche Boxster 986 (Weekend)
2007 Ford S-Max Titanium (Family Hack!)
Bear87

Re: Blyton Park in my Rev5 N/A (onboard footage)

Post by Bear87 »

Great effort :thumleft:
Looks like a really technical track, bet your arms hurt after all that :lol:
Sbsoulby

Post by Sbsoulby »

I'm only down the road from blyton, if I'd of known I'd of popped up to have a watch, is there any meets at blyton?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Looks like you had a lot of fun! A well sorted mk2 is very capable on track.

Next time you're there try holding 3rd through Bunga Bunga and 4th through Port Froid. Scary as hell the first time I tried it but you can lose a lot of time there (or end up in a field) :D
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

Sbsoulby wrote:I'm only down the road from blyton, if I'd of known I'd of popped up to have a watch, is there any meets at blyton?

Ah I should have put a post up before hand. I'm not sure if there are any meets there but I'l let you know next time I'm down that way. Should arrange some sort of IMOC Trackday.

Ben wrote:Looks like you had a lot of fun! A well sorted mk2 is very capable on track.

Next time you're there try holding 3rd through Bunga Bunga and 4th through Port Froid. Scary as hell the first time I tried it but you can lose a lot of time there (or end up in a field) :D

Great fun, my car isn't even setup at the moment as I didn't have much time but it still felt capable enough.

I actually ended up using 3rd through Bunga Bunga for most of the day (Just makes for boring GoPro vids ;)), it feels slower but I'm positive its actually quicker like you say. On my quicker/neater laps I still only just about needed 4th once through Port Froid as I was approaching Ushers but then it felt like I was probably an unnecessary shift as I'm pretty much at the braking zone. Bit more power or a JDM gearbox (short 3rd gear) and 3rd and 4th would be perfect for the full lap :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yeah, plenty of people will tell you that you can go flat through Port Froid. In truth it very much depends on the car and setup, as the driver of a TVR Tamora on Nankang tyres found out to his cost #-o :lol:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

I can only Imagine how that went... :lol:

For a little circuit in a field it really is quite fun! I think I was pretty much taking Port Froid Flat in 3rd by the afternoon. I don't think I'd be attempting that if I were on Nankang budgets though...
Tackleberry75

Post by Tackleberry75 »

Footage looks great . Had mine there on 28th . Can't miss it . It was the red one that kept spinning of ha ha .
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

Atleast you knew you were pushing hard! The only way to get quicker is to learn the limits of the car :D

Managed to steal a cheeky pic from Blyton that I found on someones FlickR.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”