Toyota Sprint series Dates are out

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pistol pete

Toyota Sprint series Dates are out

Post by pistol pete »

Show what your car can do.. or just have a bit of fun!!
the TSS sprint dates are out

Anything from novice to full experienced drivers turn up in anything from a 1.0 yaris to a 500+hp gt86.. class for everything

Its great and you have the track to yourself.. once you try it you'll love it..

I am currently building a mk1 race car for 2018 series

be great to see a few more mr2s out there

http://www.toyotasprint.com/tss16/

and face book page loads of chat about the series and good place to ask questions
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToyotaSprintSeries/

I started competing 3 years ago and loved every second of it
SonicSW20

Re: Toyota Sprint series Dates are out

Post by SonicSW20 »

Do you need a motorsport licence to enter?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

There's no formal MSA licence required. You will need an IOPD licence but you can buy this on the day for a nominal fee (£5 for a single event or £15 for a full season)
Ben

Post by Ben »

I might bring the Westfield to a couple of rounds this year to supplement the Javelin stuff. Might do Kendrew Barracks at least, because I can't make the Javelin round there and it sounds like fun :lol:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Danbob

Post by Danbob »

I'll be there,

Unfortunately the date I was most looking forward to at Blyton clashes with my holiday!

But will be there for the 2nd one!
JLW

Post by JLW »

Adrian mentioned that this would be good for me to give a shot.
Would love to, maybe the Cadwell or Snetterton later in the year.
Its a version of Time Attack correct ? , is it done from a flying lap or from standstill ?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

JLW wrote:Adrian mentioned that this would be good for me to give a shot.
Its a version of Time Attack correct ? , is it done from a flying lap or from standstill ?

Not quite the same as Time Attack.

TA is essentially qualifying, drive around the circuit, pit as you need to and do as many laps as you need to to set the best lap time you can. You share the track with other cars and need to be able to find a space in traffic.

Sprinting is a standing start and a flying finish in different locations and cars are set off at 30sec or so intervals. You shouldn't encounter another car on track unless they've had an issue in which case you'll get a rerun. When we're at a circuit the course is usually more or less a full lap although this can vary (Snetterton 100 is more or less 2 laps of the short infield loop, Croft is a full lap apart from a section of the start finish straight, Cadwell starts just before Hall Bends and finishes before the mountain). Over the course of the day you'll get a number of runs (we usually aim for 8, and usually get them but occasionally issues can mean we only get 6 or 7). Your best run of the day counts.
JLW

Post by JLW »

kaiowas wrote:
JLW wrote:Adrian mentioned that this would be good for me to give a shot.

Not quite the same as Time Attack.

TA is essentially qualifying, drive around the circuit, pit as you need to and do as many laps as you need to to set the best lap time you can. You share the track with other cars and need to be able to find a space in traffic.

Sprinting is a standing start and a flying finish in different locations and cars are set off at 30sec or so intervals. You shouldn't encounter another car on track unless they've had an issue in which case you'll get a rerun. When we're at a circuit the course is usually more or less a full lap although this can vary (Snetterton 100 is more or less 2 laps of the short infield loop, Croft is a full lap apart from a section of the start finish straight, Cadwell starts just before Hall Bends and finishes before the mountain). Over the course of the day you'll get a number of runs (we usually aim for 8, and usually get them but occasionally issues can mean we only get 6 or 7). Your best run of the day counts.

Cheers for the explanation pal, I'd love to give this a shot.
Will aim for the Snetterton TSS. hope to do a few track days there soon
anyway to get to learn the track.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

This seasons target for me was to take an overall podium at an event. Yesterday I achieved that and then some!

First ever TSS outright win for an MR2:

https://youtu.be/V6qQbfWxEJQ
Chumbaside

Post by Chumbaside »

kaiowas wrote:This seasons target for me was to take an overall podium at an event. Yesterday I achieved that and then some!

First ever TSS outright win for an MR2:

https://youtu.be/V6qQbfWxEJQ

Nice video! What setup do you use for capturing speed, revs and GPS data?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

The GPS/Speed data comes from a Racelogic Performance Box which also has an optional input module connected to it that gives me RPM plus 4 0-12v analogue inputs (I've got 1 connected to TPS, one to the brake light circuit, one to the wideband AFR and the 4th will be connected to a boost source of some kind once I work out the details and get around to it)

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”