JAPFEST 2017 - IMOC/TWOBRUTAL/FB/OC MEMBER ATTENDEE LIST

Returning to the home of the 'Home' of British Motorsport, Japfest 2017 is at Silverstone! Camping available too! See inside for details

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SonicSW20

Re: JAPFEST 2017 - IMOC/TWOBRUTAL/FB/OC MEMBER ATTENDEE LIST

Post by SonicSW20 »

largie009 wrote:Leaving for the campsite now. If anyone is about, come say hello!!!!

On Monday?? :lol:
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Must mean ready for next year ...2018.. :whistle:
Be the first one... :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Trailer it down if required! :lol:

We're going to have to think about parking arrangements next year if we get similar numbers, was a bit messy, we've never had that many cars before and the plot they gave us wasn't very big!

For next year we'll need people to either stay near the stand until ~9.30am or leave a phone number in the window in case we have to move cars around, and we'll need to nominate one person to take charge of directing the parking. myself and Cori tried our best to squeeze everyone on, but as Mark said on FB herding cats springs to mind! :lol:

Fortunately we 'only' had ~45 or so of the 53 cars that were supposed to turn up, not sure we would have got everyone on if the 53 had turned up!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

It didn't look like to me that you were that tightly packed in. Seemed to me you had plenty of room. We had 66 cars on the GT86 DC stand and that was really tight, we just had to park the cars really tightly in rows, there were some tricky manouevres to get in and out.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Many people arrived before the 'main' group which dictated the spacing and weren't around when the main group arrived to move around, which is why I'm saying we need people to either stay near their cars until the majority arrive or leave a number in the window.

Yes, we probably would have been OK if everyone parked nose to tail, but again due to the above that would have been tricky as there wasn't enough 'outside' spaces left for those with track time.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Parking was a bit of a pain for me. I was stuck right in the middle so left as soon as i had a gap to leave.
craig

Post by craig »

markstevieandmads wrote:Parking was a bit of a pain for me. I was stuck right in the middle so left as soon as i had a gap to leave.

With some mm perfect directing from Dave, and what seemed like a 10 point turn I managed to get out. Without it, I would have been marooned until the guy in front returned to his car.

I was on way home gone 2.
Draven

Post by Draven »

I was there, I parked in the Evolution stand right next to the MR2's I didn't see anyone I knew after walking around a couple of times.

:?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Parking was tight Gaz I agree. I had phoned Japfest weeks ago and warned them of numbers and asked them to give us plenty of room, they seem to just throw everything together last minute plot allocation wise.

Yet again I was late to the event (goosed battery!) so by the time I arrived nearly everyone was there, bit of a free for all parking whereever there was a space. Definitely next year we need to have a dedicated 'Traffic/Parking Marshall'.

The other issue was the wristbands, not everybody got given one as some were not aware we were getting them and even the Japfest workers had no clue until 10:30. They were not really worth the hassle anyway but I am going to give feedback to the Japfest organisers that it did not work.

Aside from those issues (and my car being the dirtiest again for about 3 years running! Plus rolling on stock wheels) it was pretty good. Hopefully we can build yet again for big numbers in 2018.
markstevieandmads

I forgot bout the wristbands. What was that all about?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Many people arrived before the 'main' group which dictated the spacing and weren't around when the main group arrived to move around, which is why I'm saying we need people to either stay near their cars until the majority arrive or leave a number in the window.

Yes, we probably would have been OK if everyone parked nose to tail, but again due to the above that would have been tricky as there wasn't enough 'outside' spaces left for those with track time.

On my stand we had the main guy who organised the event there early to ensure that parking was taken care of. We managed to squeeze the cars in, but only just! Still it was in a better location than on the grass last year where we had plenty of room. It would have been better though if they'd given us more space!

One thing I will say though is that there was hardly anyone I knew around the stand, it seemed deserted for the most part. Obviously I saw Scott and had a good natter as always but others were thin on the ground.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Obviously I saw Scott and had a good natter as always but others were thin on the ground.

Maybe next time we organise it, we should dedicate an hour of the day or half an hour to have all the MR2 owners at the stand at the same time at some point and do a photo with their car or something.. Get everybody to mingle a bit for half an hour I dunno just a thought!

Mark - The wristbands were to get into the luffield grandstand but I never used mine anyway. It was a last minute idea by Japfest and then the boxes of them were not available until like 10:30. They should have just sent printable passes with the ticket email so everyone would have had one prior. It was impossible to make everybody aware as everyone had gone off for drinks or burgers or watching drift kings/having a walk about etc.
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markstevieandmads

Lauren wrote:
Gazza_DJ wrote:Many people arrived before the 'main' group which dictated the spacing and weren't around when the main group arrived to move around, which is why I'm saying we need people to either stay near their cars until the majority arrive or leave a number in the window.

On my stand we had the main guy who organised the event there early to ensure that parking was taken care of. We managed to squeeze the cars in, but only just! Still it was in a better location than on the grass last year where we had plenty of room. It would have been better though if they'd given us more space!

One thing I will say though is that there was hardly anyone I knew around the stand, it seemed deserted for the most part. Obviously I saw Scott and had a good natter as always but others were thin on the ground.

Think you was in the queue next to me as we was queuing to get in. White GT86? Unfortuantely i only got to talk to a few people at the Tesco meet and gave GazzaDJ my mobile number in case we needed to move my car.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

markstevieandmads wrote:
Think you was in the queue next to me as we was queuing to get in. White GT86? Unfortuantely i only got to talk to a few people at the Tesco meet and gave GazzaDJ my mobile number in case we needed to move my car.

Yep! White GT86 with red TE37's and side stripe, can't miss it really! With my panda AE86 following behind. :)
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Lauren wrote:
It would have been better though if they'd given us more space!

Definitely. Made it a lost cause to try and get a photo of most cars on the stand!
markstevieandmads

Lauren wrote:
markstevieandmads wrote:

Yep! White GT86 with red TE37's and side stripe, can't miss it really! With my panda AE86 following behind. :)

Yep i remember. I was to the left of you in a black bodykitted turbo mk2 as we shown our passes.

That gt86 and ae86 were both gorgeous!
Im sure they are on the go pro footage somewhere
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Yeah, I remember, nice turbo and thank you. I look forward to the footage. :+:
MainerZ

Post by MainerZ »

markstevieandmads wrote:I forgot bout the wristbands. What was that all about?

They were for getting into the grandstands to watch the drifting I believe, never used mine, too busy walking around!

The space was ok we, just didn't use it well, but that was down to circumstance. In my experience Pod give you even less room!

You do need everyone to arrive at the same time, rather than some arriving before the main group, otherwise it does go to poop. Other venues do have names and numbers on the window pass so you can call people back to move. Just need to bear that in mind with Silverstone that they don't.

It can be done! I said on fb, if anyone needs help organising parking, I've herded cats a few times before. Just need to bear in mind people going on track/strip and leaving room for stragglers.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me, 'Sir,' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

It can be done! I said on fb, if anyone needs help organising parking, I've herded cats a few times before. Just need to bear in mind people going on track/strip and leaving room for stragglers.

Next year for Japfest mate, I will be in touch! There are a few niggles we have had over the years that have been ironed out, but parking each year has been a bit of a problem organising.

It would be most appreciated if you would like to oversee that everybody gets parked up neatly next year, just means being on site early doors.

My car will actually be ready for the next one not rushed and messing around with flat batteries on the day of the event! So hopefully I will also manage to make it earlier.

Return to “Japfest 2017”