New to MR2s, Hey all

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AshMk3

New to MR2s, Hey all

Post by AshMk3 »

Bought my MR2 on Monday. I will admit it was a bit of an impulse buy... I've always wanted a track car which needed to be RWD. After narrowing my options down I was down to an MX5 or some kind of BMW, until I heard about a friend of a friend breaking an MR2. perfect, I hadnt even considered those. Less than 6 hours and £500 later I had my car.

The car was built in 2000 and has covered 90,000 miles, no advisories but failed It's MOT on emissions. I understand this can either be a cat fault, or something about piston rings I've heard thrown around. Sounds potentially worrying but It's only going to a track anyway and I like the idea of the Celica engine at some point. I'll just see how it goes.

I have a few questions but I'm going to search the site first for answers so just wanted to say "Hi all!"

In the meantime if anyone has any tips or hints to making a track ready MR2 then fire away. Things like the most common items to get sorted that don't cost and arm and a leg that I can get on with until payday. I haven't decided yet if i want to sort an MOT for track days or make it a complete thoroughbred (budget depending).
Draven

Re: New to MR2s, Hey all

Post by Draven »

Hello, Welcome

Pop some pictures up. It is a treasure trove of information on here, people are always happy to help

:thumleft:
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

hi ash welcome as said you will find much help and advice on here

enjoy

Brian
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
mr2garageswindon

Post by mr2garageswindon »

Hi Ash welcome,
First advise for prepping a track day mr2... put it on a diet.. Strip out all the not required bits, get some decent shocks and springs, good grippy tyres and have some fun. :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”