Donington Park in a Rev5 NA 10/10/16

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HughesR1

Donington Park in a Rev5 NA 10/10/16

Post by HughesR1 »

Quick video of my recently purchased Rev5 NA round Donington Park, still loads of room for improvement but I wanted to see how the car faired before I started stripping it out and putting sticky tyres on etc!

Despite this being my 5th MR2 its the first time I'd ever managed to get one on track, I wasn't really sure what to expect as I've previously tracked Elise's, Exige 260, VX220 Turbo and my Integra DC2 so was expecting this to feel broken by comparison but it was hilarious fun! Managing to keep it with some older 911 Carreras and soft TVR's, I'd imagine with 80-100kg removed it would be spot on for a bit of cheap track fun! :D I was super impressed with the brakes (Chris Wilson pads) right up until the gave way on my last outing and I had to escape through the gravel ha :oldtongue:

Anyway, heres a clip...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsYLYuY268
aussieGT

Re: Donington Park in a Rev5 NA 10/10/16

Post by aussieGT »

Maybe its because i'm a bit hungover - but that helmet mounted camera movement made me begin to feel sick! Had to stop watching it.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Nice, I was at Donnington on the 7th but my day got cut short due to a braking issue. Only problem was there were about 20 caterham academy racecars using the trackday as a test session. [-X

Definitely a track I want to go back to next year tho!
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

Its a brilliant track! What pads were you using out of interest?

Its a nightmare when the race boys use trackdays as a test session, have to be constantly looking in your mirrors and blindspots!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I use carbotech xp8 which work great, fortunately the pads werent the issue. Had a bit of an issue with a caliper that didn't want to keep fluid inside it.

It was pretty frustrating because I started taking defensive lines into corners due to them darting around me. I dont mind the odd racecar as they are usualy out of yer way quickly but it was a bit much.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”