mr2 turbo takes out gtr r35

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

QUOC2008

Re: mr2 turbo takes out gtr r35

Post by QUOC2008 »

dont get me wrong i like the gtr and think its amazing car... just saying it does have weaknesses and is not invincible.
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Simarshy wrote:Got to say the Stage 4 GTR is the fastest accelerating car I've ever seen on track.

Got to ask C35Rob, what would you want to see in this thread?

Just a bit of a pointless comparison isn't it... Like the old Saab adverts "faster than a Porsche 911!!"*

*In 4th gear, between 4250 and 4500rpm (or whatever the actual figures were)

Or that old top gear where clarkson drove an FQ400 Evo off boost in 5th and gasped when it wasn't faster than something mundane

R35's are mega, you can't really compare them to a 20yr old econo-sports car
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

C35Rob wrote:
Simarshy wrote:Got to say the Stage 4 GTR is the fastest accelerating car I've ever seen on track.

Got to ask C35Rob, what would you want to see in this thread?

Just a bit of a pointless comparison isn't it... Like the old Saab adverts "faster than a Porsche 911!!"*

*In 4th gear, between 4250 and 4500rpm (or whatever the actual figures were)

Or that old top gear where clarkson drove an FQ400 Evo off boost in 5th and gasped when it wasn't faster than something mundane

R35's are mega, you can't really compare them to a 20yr old econo-sports car

I dont agree... sorry rob but no its not the same.

its more like evo vs lambo in top gear

It clear from the vids and reviews the gtr on tight tracks doesnt do so well against the mr2 but on big tracks im sure it will eat it up.

Yes a gtr is a better car then the mr2 im sure everyone will agree.
and I have driven a gtr they not much of a drivers car or fun compare to the mr2.
this is coming from a evo 9 and 10 owner so please dont think im bias or anything.

I would like to know why you are so against these vids to me they good pointers we can all learn from
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I'm not against them at all (and never said so), it's always good to see someone who can drive properly, there's no denying the driver in the original video knows what he's doing, it's just a bit clickbaity with the "pushbike smashes millennium falcon around the 'ring" style titles
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

ok true maybe the title might be abit misleading my bad... but its what gets people worked up to see the under dog winning.
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

According to the MR2's data logger, it's lapping 1m20s around Combe. A fast time, no doubt.

A stock GTR can do it quicker though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT ... ison_tests

In another Autocar comparison with the PDK 911 Turbo (997.2) and V10 Audi R8 on the Castle Combe Circuit the GT-R's laptime of 1:14.6, was faster than the 911's time of 1:14.9 and the R8's 1:15.5 lap time.

To suggest that an MR2 is faster than a GTR anywhere is ludicrous quite frankly.
mr2garageswindon

Post by mr2garageswindon »

[quote="Gazza_DJ"]According to the MR2's data logger, it's lapping 1m20s around Combe. A fast time, no doubt.

Lol Miles H is doing 1.20 in an MK2 na with £100 engine in it round coome.. BUT he is one hell of a good driver!
androo007

Post by androo007 »

What is Miles H's surname by chance?
mr2garageswindon

Hodgeson...
Simarshy

Post by Simarshy »

JD I hopefully should be doing a few sessions on track in a high horsepower (600+) R32 GTR next year. Should be a laugh ;-)

Regarding R35's I doubt my car in its current format could beat a R35 on anytrack with an expert driver.

Though I actually think a stripped, well setup Mr2 with 400-500 bhp could. 1:14 around combe looks doable. I would say a 1:18 is doable in my Mr2 now I've done my first track day there and replaced the open diff. Maybe 1:16 with new coilovers on a cooler day.

1:20 in an N/A is great. I guess this is a mr2 championship car?

You know what we ready need is a sprint / competition to find the fastest Mr2 / drivers in the UK.... that would be fun.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Robs being mean

Great driving.
Consider we are talking about a manual vs flappy paddle with 4wd too.

I would be over the moon munching up the tarmac compared to the drives itself Gtr. Even with only an ok driver.

Top work.
mr2garageswindon

1:20 in an N/A is great. I guess this is a mr2 championship car?

Yep it is.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

mr2garageswindon wrote:
Gazza_DJ wrote:According to the MR2's data logger, it's lapping 1m20s around Combe. A fast time, no doubt.

Lol Miles H is doing 1.20 in an MK2 na with £100 engine in it round coome.. BUT he is one hell of a good driver!

Does he have any on board footage on the youtubes?
I'd like to see what is required skill/corner speed for an NA to do a 1.20.
mr2garageswindon

jimGTS wrote:
mr2garageswindon wrote:
Gazza_DJ wrote:According to the MR2's data logger, it's lapping 1m20s around Combe. A fast time, no doubt.

I should see him later and I'll ask him to stick some up. Think I got a link to a video at Rockingham on my garage facepoop page.. Castle eaton vehicle services.
Jammy git was at Coome yesterday playing in a Civic while I was stuck at work [-(
MilesH

Post by MilesH »

mr2garageswindon wrote:
jimGTS wrote:
mr2garageswindon wrote:

I should see him later and I'll ask him to stick some up. Think I got a link to a video at Rockingham on my garage facepoop page.. Castle eaton vehicle services.
Jammy git was at Coome yesterday playing in a Civic while I was stuck at work [-(

Hi, I'm the MilesH mentioned above. Feel free to check out my youtube videos. All the race videos are in a mk2 MR2 NA. I only have the race videos and no qualifying sessions (which are better for lines) as you may not always be on the best line in a race if someone's an inch off your bumper and intent on getting past!

Jon - I'm missing the mk2, we need to get it back running mate! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MilesHo/videos
mr2garageswindon

MilesH wrote:
mr2garageswindon wrote:
jimGTS wrote:

Hi, I'm the MilesH mentioned above. Feel free to check out my youtube videos. All the race videos are in a mk2 MR2 NA. I only have the race videos and no qualifying sessions (which are better for lines) as you may not always be on the best line in a race if someone's an inch off your bumper and intent on getting past!

Jon - I'm missing the mk2, we need to get it back running mate! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MilesHo/videos

Yep I'm on it bro. Will be ready for next test day.
When you see the nob who took you out last time... I've got a big bag of broken stuff off your car you could give to him as a momento?? ](*,)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Simarshy wrote:

You know what we ready need is a sprint / competition to find the fastest Mr2 / drivers in the UK.... that would be fun.

You mean like a toyota slrint series :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :twisted: :lol:
Simarshy

Post by Simarshy »

HA... Yer your right :)

Need to get more Mr2's in there, bit dead in the turbo area this year.
hojoos

Post by hojoos »

I cannot open the video file. What can be the reason for this? Can it be the case that I am not allowed access to watching the video? I am trying to open it from my smartphone and no success. I am using the internet provider from Seoul location https://populationstat.com/south-korea/seoul. Please tell me what can be done in my situation? Should I try a VPN service?

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”