[Mk2] [Turbo] Best all round speaker setup

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2Kyle

[Mk2] [Turbo] Best all round speaker setup

Post by MR2Kyle »

Hi folks,
For a pure and crisp sound what would be your ideal setup? Not looking for everyone to know what I'm listening to but I do like my music! Also fairly simple installation as I'm new to that side of things 8-[
Thanks folks :thumleft:
Mk1b 1989 Mica Blue
Mk2 rev3 1993 NA Turquoise
Mk2 rev5 1999 Cosmos Blue with st215 conversion 😉
markstevieandmads

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Best all round speaker setup

Post by markstevieandmads »

I've got a set of components for the front drs and tweeters in original positions and a sub in a custom box. Components driven straight from head unit and sub from amp. If u like it loud then you may need to all the components too.

I like all sorts of music but this pretty much covers everything.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

4 channel amp that can operate in 3 channel mode, 6.5inch components for the front amped, and a 10inch sub behind a seat. If you're at JAE this year I'll give you a quick demo of mine.
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

I have the 6.5 fronts components, tweaters, 10" sub in the box behind drivers seat, two amps driving them all.

The thing that has made a massive difference is i now have a Sound Blaster E5. Phone connects to that via bluetooth, that connects to the headunit. Its a DAC/AMP but the difference it makes vs phone direct to the headunit is huge.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

I keep looking at the Audison processors. A lot of money though!
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

Probably abit much for in car audio.

The DSP on the Soundblaster is fantastic. Only increased the sub bass on the equ a little but the bass boost within the DSP does a fantastic job at pretty much everything i have chucked at it.
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

MR2Kyle wrote:Not looking for everyone to know what I'm listening to

Good plan... it will save your hearing.

I liked the speakers that were put in my car (alpine spg-13cs) but they need to be turned up a bit too loud to hear the detail in the music being played. The louder they are the better the sound. Too loud to have a conversation with a passenger without turning it down.

That is just with a modest upgrade with door components speakers run off the head unit with no amp/sub.

Would rather have that sound quality at a lower volume so would be interested in what people recommend in case I ever need to replace these.
Between jobs so sensible price kit.

Return to “ICE and Security”