A 'thank you' from me. :-)

The biggest and best car show in the UK! IMOC - Winners of 'Best Overall Club' 2010, 2013 & 2014.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

A 'thank you' from me. :-)

Post by Scott Barton »

Everyone dried out after JAE and got rid of those pesky little spiders?
Good....a note from me to thank everyone who attended the show this year. The weather on Saturday tried to dampen everyones spirits but the JAE passion shone through! Big thank you to all that helped set the stand up on Thursday whilst I was languishing at work and then being stuck on the M25 on the Friday night. John Griffith Malcolm Haddow Chris Worrall Lauren Blighton, Rob Swinden for picking up the marquee lights etc from my Mum's house, Chris Worrall for bringing the club gazebo....I know it sounds a pain and you have to heave it in and out of your loft every year...it is very much appreciated. And of course anyone else I have missed to thank, you are all amazing and show true club spirit. Without you all there simply would be no stand.

Well done everyone who dressed up. Each year the costumes are brilliant and such a laugh. We seem to get kitted up earlier each year, Keith Tsang even won an oil filter for dressing up in the morning and going for a stroll as Wario! ha ha!

I hope everybody enjoyed the Hog roast. Not sure how the cold pasta salad was received by everyone, but the roast Pig certainly did go down a treat! Would welcome everyones feedback as they have offered their services next year.

I had a blast as usual, and I have said this before, but an enjoyable JAE for me is seeing everyone else have a good time. I sat back on the Saturday night, Jack Daniels in hand, and watched old friends having a good old laugh and a drink with each other. The pictures of the evening and weekend overall speak for themselves. Massive kudos to Phil Ditum for walking around in his Sumo pants and bare feet for our tour in the rain! The biggest laugh by far!
I mentioned on the night to a few of you, that we go a whole year without seeing each other, and then reconvene in a field surrounded by Jap cars once a year...and carry on where we left off 12 months ago! I know we occasionally communicate through Facebook and the forum, but its not the same sharing a beer with my car club pals! ;-) This IS JAE...its the people..not the cars.

Big thanks to the usual suspects who stopped behind to help clear the carnage up on Sunday morning with heavy heads! IMOC and GT86 members alike.... Alec Keeler Rob Swinden Keith Tsang Chris Worrall Malcolm Haddow John Griffith Lauren Blighton Toni Leadbeater Simon Davis Stuart Pope....again, I have probably missed some off those that pitched in but I was also busy clearing up so that we could hit the road. Thank you all again. Its very much appreciated.

So..on to JAE2017...yes, we have spoken about it already and have some good ideas. Will be great to see you all again next year, and hope for more members to join us! Some regular faces were absent this year, hopefully they will be back next year with no birthdays and racing clashing with the weekend! Leesa Hamer Pete Mason Roger Mason Ollie Frost & John Machling (no patients to infect you at least a week before the event please!)

And yes, next year..I am booking the Thursday and Friday off work. ;-)
Thanks to one and all.
Your proud IMOC Chairman
Scott Barton.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six

Return to “JAE 2016”