Megasquirt MS3PRO plug&play

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

C35Rob

Megasquirt MS3PRO plug&play

Post by C35Rob »

this is very much at the "gathering interest" stage at the minute, but.

as we all know plug and play ECU options are pretty limited for our cars, you pretty much have the choice of;

1) Power FC which while it works and does the job is a) really basic and b) in short supply

2) Link G4 plug in, which much more modern than the PFC but not half as feature rich as the MS3Pro, and they're £1000 plus fitting and mapping

3) MSpnp - ms2 based plug and play ecu, more feature rich than the PFC but not as good as the link

There may be another option. MS3pro is a mega value ECU with a huge amount of features, for example Knock control, boost control, WM and nitrous control, 3 step rev limiter, launch control, antilag & rotational idle, autotune, flex fuel (E85) compatability, onboard sd card datalogging etc etc - far too much to list here but you can read it yourself here:

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/ms3 ... -ecu-only/

now, DIYautotune (makers of the megasquirt) do already make MS3pro plug in ecu's for various cars, and with a group buy of 10(or more) they will make an ms3pro plug in for any car they have got an ecu connector for (i.e the 3sgte). This would open up an interesting new avenue for people looking for a great value PNP ecu with every feature you will ever need and more.

as well as awesome things like android based shadow dash - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7JOLBSakIk

the rub is this - DIYautotune need commitment to start the project, in the form of a $300 usd deposit from people who are interested (this is deducted from the cost of the ECU once it is ready to ship) and in return you also get a $100 discount off the retail price of the ECU - currently $1200usd so you would pay $1100 (your $300 deposit plus a final payment of $800) which at today's exchange rate works out at £845 + shipping and any taxes at this end (I'm not sure on final numbers, whether they are generous with the customs declarations etc, I don't want to waste their time with inane questions at this point)

so, would anyone be interested? if we can get this off the ground I'll definitely take one so realistically we need 9 other people to register serious interest, no money would be taken at this stage (and it goes direct to DIY autotune anyway, so you're not trusting some stranger off the internet to hold your cash for you) just an expression of interest.

So:

1> C35rob
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
gnzyza

Re: Megasquirt MS3PRO plug&play

Post by gnzyza »

I know feck all about maps etc but if it can be done at most places and maybe if some help to setup/tweak my maps. I would be interested for sure :thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

gnzyza wrote:I know feck all about maps etc but if it can be done at most places and maybe if some help to setup/tweak my maps. I would be interested for sure :thumleft:

The megasquirt ECU(s) and the associated forum is the worlds biggest online open source ECU tuning community, there's no smoke and mirrors, secrets, tuner locked ecus etc - it's all out there in the open for people to access/learn/use so you can do it all yourself

Obviously if you didn't want to map it yourself there are plenty of uk based professionals who can do it for you too
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
dantical

Post by dantical »

I would be in, if it has the FULL same Features as the ms3 Pro itself

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”