Mk2 or Mk3 for track work?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SonicSW20

Re: Mk2 or Mk3 for track work?

Post by SonicSW20 »

My favourite is the first blue one tbh! Simple, clean, functional.
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:My favourite is the first blue one tbh! Simple, clean, functional.

Yeah agreed it works so well.

Sadly the 2ZZ car I test drove has just sold so a mk2 is back on the cards now anyway! Going in circles here! #-o
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

Well, after test driving various cars I've ended up with a tidy rev5 NA mk2. I drove another stock Mk3 and it felt great but I just didn't want the car.

I think I made the right choice though. The car seems all solid and the previous owner had fitted Spax adjustable dampers and springs, EBC discs and pads as well as a load of other tarty stuff which will be going straight in the classifieds!

Plans are to get some OEM 15" wheels, fit yellowstuff pads, fit a few polybushes, wheel alignment and then daily it for a while to give it a good shakedown :D
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Let us know what you think of the Spax dampers - I don't know anyone who's had those yet!
HughesR1

Post by HughesR1 »

Will do! I've never ran Spax before either. They're fixed height dampers but from what I can tell at the moment they feel ok on the road, similar to coilovers when they're set to soft/medium setting. Think I'l stick with them for 1 trackday atleast and see how they get on.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

http://www.toyotasprint.com/tss16/index ... duct_id=51

:oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

I picjed up my celica on the friday, raced it on the sunday..

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”