Door light misbehaviour

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jlo

Door light misbehaviour

Post by jlo »

The following problem only recently occured a few days after putting in a new battery: The "doors open" light in the dashboard stays on even when everything's shut tight, causing my new battery to run flat overnight! Open a door and hey presto the light goes out but the actual (red) light in the door is on, now I thought both should be on or off together, confused? I was!
Didn't really want to go taking the dashboard bulb out, so I took the bulbs out of the lights in the doors and this disabled the dashboard light completely (aha! no more flat battery I thought...). Yes, but now I can't set my alarm because it sets itself off thinking there is a break in the loop.
I had someone who was a mobile auto-electrician take a look and he couldn't work out what the hell was going on(!), but I'm praying someone can make sense of it.... :?
Vindezal

Re: Door light misbehaviour

Post by Vindezal »

try unscrewing the door switches and spraying WD40 in em! dont yank em just do that, then both sets of lights will come on. Ive had this prob too. Just an idea. corrosion
jlo

Re: Door light misbehaviour

Post by jlo »

thanks vindezal, will try that.
anyone else done this too....?
will let you know how it goes later...

Return to “Electrical”