Potential Berk Exhaust group buy

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lefty1991

Potential Berk Exhaust group buy

Post by Lefty1991 »

A fellow member has found a UK Berk dealer that can supply MR2 turbo Berk exhausts, now that Gtschris has shutdown there is no where to acquire one.
Prices look like they will be around the £500 mark depending on numbers and exchange rates
This is purely for interest at the moment so I can go back to the company to negotiate group discount.
If your interested throw me a pm or add your name below

1. Lefty1991 -Craig
Last edited by Lefty1991 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattyboy44

Re: Potential Berk Exhaust group buy

Post by mattyboy44 »

might be interested depending on the price
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

That is very expensive, I bought one from Gtschris last November for £436 delivered to my door, can you not maybe look into doing it yourself directly and cutting out the middle man :-k
AdamNye

Post by AdamNye »

Berk wont have any stock until sometime in May (they wont give an exact date until nearer the time), they dont actually have any and are manufacturing them as we speak.

But, im in. I will be ordering one of them when they're fabricated so if we can get a discount im happy :thumleft:

Ade Glover (on facebook groups) is also aware that theres a demand for a group-buy on these, so its defo worth linking any interest on here up with him as hes already actually quoted me less that (£550ish) that - but i honestly dont know the details of how he can.
Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

Martin F wrote:That is very expensive, I bought one from Gtschris last November for £436 delivered to my door, can you not maybe look into doing it yourself directly and cutting out the middle man :-k

I did have a look and the cheapest I could get it over to the uk with tax was £1000
Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

Have spoken to Ade Glover and he can get them for just over £500, bit more of a realistic price, anyone interested? We need 5 (3 more) for a good group discount
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

So if we get enough numbers how long until delivery?

Also is the £500 delivered to our door?

Cheers
Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

Waiting to hear back from Ade, he was speaking to berk last night to check when they would have stock.
Yes depending on exchange rates £500-515 to your door
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Lefty1991 wrote:Waiting to hear back from Ade, he was speaking to berk last night to check when they would have stock.
Yes depending on exchange rates £500-515 to your door

Ok cool let me know what is said
AdamNye

Post by AdamNye »

Aparently the systems will be back in stock in the beginning to mid May, but still no actual date.

Im still 100% up for this.

I cant belive there isnt more interest given the hype these exhausts get. £500 is a pretty good price for a brand new system!

Come on guys. Treat yourselves ; )
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

I could be interested in this, I'll keep an eye on this thread
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

How is the Berk in terms of noise level, drone, general commuting etc. I have a Japspeed atm and it's doing my friggin head in ](*,)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

gnzyza wrote:How is the Berk in terms of noise level, drone, general commuting etc. I have a Japspeed atm and it's doing my friggin head in ](*,)

It is very quiet, I bought one new recently and i'm very disappointed with it, In fact, If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a Japspeed exhaust or blitz nur spec :(
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Martin F wrote:
gnzyza wrote:How is the Berk in terms of noise level, drone, general commuting etc. I have a Japspeed atm and it's doing my friggin head in ](*,)

It is very quiet, I bought one new recently and i'm very disappointed with it, In fact, If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a Japspeed exhaust or blitz nur spec :(

They are however well built, look good and work well, i'm running 389 wheel hp with one, just too quiet for my tastes.
They don't drone, general commuting they are more quiet than the competition, can't comment on foot to the floor noise though as I have a screamer pipe :oops:
AdamNye

Post by AdamNye »

MartinF - Ive got cash if you want to sell it : ). Let me know quickly though.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

AdamNye wrote:MartinF - Ive got cash if you want to sell it : ). Let me know quickly though.

I have welded my wideband bung into it and just spent £451 on mapping so more hassle than it's worth to sell, shame really as I would love something with more of a growl :-k
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Martin F wrote:
Martin F wrote:

They are however well built, look good and work well, i'm running 389 wheel hp with one, just too quiet for my tastes.
They don't drone, general commuting they are more quiet than the competition, can't comment on foot to the floor noise though as I have a screamer pipe :oops:

Thanks thats really insightful. Though I do like the nutty sound of the Japseed its just too loud and intrusive. The Berk may sound just right for me. Will try and get a listen of one in person if I can.

Ps. If you do decide to part with it give me a shout. I have a wideband too (AEM) I'm sure we can sort summat. But like you say it's well made and quality plus you have had the mapping so would be wise to keep it but then your motor could also pull off something more ASBO :thumleft:
bungral

Post by bungral »

Never heard a Berk. How does it compare in sound to a Mongoose?

Always hear good things about them.
Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

bungral wrote:Never heard a Berk. How does it compare in sound to a Mongoose?

Have a look on YouTube, they sound roughly the same but hopefully the Berk won't drone like the mongoose does, that is my main reason for wanting to change to a Berk, also with my Berk Decat it should sound quite nice
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Lefty1991 wrote:
bungral wrote:Never heard a Berk. How does it compare in sound to a Mongoose?

Have a look on YouTube, they sound roughly the same but hopefully the Berk won't drone like the mongoose does, that is my main reason for wanting to change to a Berk, also with my Berk Decat it should sound quite nice

I have been very unfair towards the sound of the berk, I went from having one of the nicest sounding exhausts I have ever heard to the Berk, today I fitted the last of my new gauges and left the engine running for a while to test them, The exhaust actually sounds quite nice, gives a nice wee burble in fact, it sounds a lot more refined compared to the mongoose and doesn't have the same boom (which is a good thing) when driving at motorway speeds...

I'm sure it will grow on me, it's is just quieter than I anticipated, hence my moaning :oops:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”