[Mk2] [Generic] Speakers in Mk2 Mr2 not working

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

yates1987

[Mk2] [Generic] Speakers in Mk2 Mr2 not working

Post by yates1987 »

Wondering if the wealth of knowledge might be able to help me with the issue i have.

The car has an aftermarket stereo, with no problems with it at all untill this morning, the car doesn't have the active system so just the normal 2no tweeter, 2no speakers in the door cards, and 2no speakers in the b pillars.

Issue i have is, this morning driving to work i went over a pot hole and all the speakers stopped working and haven't worked since.

I have removed the head unit and check all the wires going in and out the loom and all seems to be ok, the head unit powers up, plays a CD, activates the aerial but just no sound from the speakers......any of them!

Any advice? or areas to look at?

Thanks

Andy
robbie_742003

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Speakers in Mk2 Mr2 not working

Post by robbie_742003 »

Only thing I can think of if you have them installed is the stock amps in the door pillars maybe?
yates1987

Post by yates1987 »

think i found the problems.

When opening the drivers door the speakers came back to life briefly so i think that speaker is either shorting or has loose connection.

Doors cards off tommorow......But im glad i have potentially found the fault!
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

The wires between the car and door have a tendency to break. You can unplug them in the footwell and pull them back into the door remove the speaker and bring them out out through the hole to repair them.
This is what I found on mine
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
yates1987

Post by yates1987 »

Thanks for the replies/suggestions folks!

took the door card off yesterday to investigate and the drivers speaker had come free from the MDF spacer used. Fixed it all back in (With an extra couple of screws) and all seems good again!

Return to “ICE and Security”