My story so far

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Matsumoto

Re: My story so far

Post by Matsumoto »

So after a month of sitting around I decided to start stripping the new head down (one that came in the boot of the car)

I sent it off to get skimmed and crack tested and all is good although they did say it's got no more skimming in it left, as they had to take a lot off due to damage caused by what looked like valves lol

I then started to strip the car down in the multi storey car park as I had no where else to do it. Due to changing jobs I can't keep cars in my new places yard :(

On removing the head I found the gasket had blown, but more to my amusement (by now) I found more silicon in that head than Pamela andersons boobs. I say "amusement (by now)" because on taking her apart I found head bolts loose, wiring done so badly....and a list of faults due to bad workmanship....but I just see it as way to "have to" check everything to ensure its built right and safe and in doing so I'm learning so much more about these great cars and experience. Plus driving a car you built feels soooooo goooood.

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

Using the best bits from both heads could rebuild a good one, but before that I stripped the manifold and intercooler pipes strut brace and some other bits and cleaned and sent off to get blasted :)

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

Rebuilding the head was fun, it's been a little while since I've had to do one so lapping the valves in and changing all the seals was good :)

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

So after a week the head was built and the rocker cover etc was painted. I started the rebuild. Luckily it all went back together as easily as it came apart and found no new unwanted suprises. The turbo seems in good condition and no unwanted play. I sorted some wiring and tidied things up and eventually she was all back together......ready for that first turn of the key!!! :?

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

Matsumoto

Post by Matsumoto »

DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

That's a random choice of colours, obviously not to everyone's taste but it would be boring if everyone's 2 was the same :-)
craig

Post by craig »

To infinity and beyond!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Member Profiles”