Hello and part number needed please

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scarface GTti

Hello and part number needed please

Post by Scarface GTti »

Hi there, used to be on this forum years ago when i was running a Mk1 MR2. My wife had a 2002 pre facelift car which i made her get rid of eight years ago because of the developing issues with oval bores and she's never forgiven me so i've just purchased an extremely tidy facelift car to keep her happy. I'd forgot how much fun they are to drive.

Onto my very first question, although the new car is really tidy and in good condition there is of course one caveat which is the headlights. I've polished them out and made them more respectable but they just still let the car down. I wondered if anyone could please furnish me with the part numbers for left and right facelift rhd headlights?

Many thanks
abovetherim

Re: Hello and part number needed please

Post by abovetherim »

81131A UNIT ASSY, HEADLAMP, RH
81130-17240
81171A UNIT ASSY, HEADLAMP, LH
81170-17240

Now these are not gonna be cheap, toyo lists them at $350 each.

You could take yours out and hit them with some 2000 wet and dry paper used wet then use 2500 then cutting paste then polish and they should come up spanking.
Scarface GTti

Post by Scarface GTti »

Hi thanks for the reply, I've already had a go on the headlights but they're just not quite good enough, I think there is some on the inside as well. I source some parts form my other vehicles from abroad and quite often a lot cheaper so i'll make some enquiries, thanks
Scarface GTti

Post by Scarface GTti »

£146 from UAE or £238 from Japan but only RH headlights available from either country, must be a shortage of LH headlights!
MilesH

Post by MilesH »

Scarface GTti wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, I've already had a go on the headlights but they're just not quite good enough, I think there is some on the inside as well. I source some parts form my other vehicles from abroad and quite often a lot cheaper so i'll make some enquiries, thanks

This is common on the mk3's and plenty of people have had success in opening up the lights and cleaning the inside as well as the outside and they have pretty much come up 'as new'.

There is a simple guide here if you want to give it a try:

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=27183

p.s. I used a heat gun with similar results.
Scarface GTti

Post by Scarface GTti »

Ok thanks

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”