Replacement air filter

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

WhisperingWasp

Replacement air filter

Post by WhisperingWasp »

Anyone got an opinion on the aftermarket air filters for the mk3 (for the standard airbox)?

Seen Pipercross and Blitz ones on eBay (although Blitz only from Japan - any tax to pay?) and was just wondering if they are worthwhile?

Ta
cabbydave1

Re: Replacement air filter

Post by cabbydave1 »

I watched a programme on tv where they dyno'd a car with after market k and n filter in the standard box against a standard filter and the standard filter came out better.
WhisperingWasp

Post by WhisperingWasp »

cabbydave1 wrote:I watched a programme on tv where they dyno'd a car with after market k and n filter in the standard box against a standard filter and the standard filter came out better.

Hmmmm. Specifically an MR2 or generally?

Might just get the service kit from gtschris if that's the case. All OEM stuff I think.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Depends what you're after.

Open air filter gives more noise but less power, panel filter gives more power but less noise. For max power you want a decent panel filter along with a markiii pipe, for best noise but still with good filtration you want an A'Pexi intake.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”