Xbox One

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SonicSW20

Re: Xbox One

Post by SonicSW20 »

nuttasie wrote:just got one of these,think forza 5 is ace :twisted: . What are people doing about the hard drives small size. With the games i like and what the kids like mine is already 70% full lol.

Don't like the way, if you got the game on disc you have to install it and still put the disc in aswell,thats abit annoying to say the least.
But other than that lovin it so fa :clap: r

In either the most recent update, or the one due next month, you can plug in a USB external HDD, and the Xbox will combine the storage essentially. If you get a decent USB3 HDD you won't notice any speed difference either.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Gazza_DJ wrote:

In either the most recent update, or the one due next month, you can plug in a USB external HDD, and the Xbox will combine the storage essentially. If you get a decent USB3 HDD you won't notice any speed difference either.

Cheers for that,show how out of touch I am now, last time I checked there was only usb 2 :lol:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

How do I set up external storage?

When you connect a compatible external storage drive, Xbox One will guide you through setting it up to store games and apps.

The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more
Uses USB 3.0.
Devices that don’t meet the above requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. If you have a storage device that does meet the above requirements for game and app storage, you can cancel the format to use it as a media device.

How do I manage external storage?

In My games & apps, you can view content by storage device. To do this, highlight a game or app, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game. You will then be able to move or copy content between storage devices.

:thumleft:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

So I've jumped ship and bought an Xbone😔

Only got CoD, Assasins Creed and Marvel Super heroes so far tho.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Had mine for a year and the last month my Kinect has stopped working. Just dead and says unplugged.
I followed a couple of YouTube guides and one seemed to get it to work again.
it was a case of going on a Kinect game with it unplugged then rebooting and then the next time I powered on it was working as normal.
I then played like normal and downpowered and next day and since it hasn't worked.

Obviously a software glitch so I'm hoping the next update will sort this.

I've also invested in gta and cod ghosts and renewed my membership for another year.
I've also subscribed and setup a plex server using a new app released.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Thats the next couple of jobs, kinect and then sort out the cool apps :)

Is the Xbox One gamertag the same as the 360 ?
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

yeah your 360 tag and log in as well as gamerpoints transfer over..
on side note my kinect is playing up too
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Guys, speak to MS and get them replaced before they die altogether. Their returns policy is very good, and very effective.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

My wife's entire xbone has already been replaced, now the kinect is doing the above,

Funny how my PS4 gets 20 to 30 times the use yet is still working perfect :clown:

More seriously though, why the he'll does this keep happening, I mean I bought the xbone as a birthday present for her, she likes xbox (it must be an opposite attracts thing) last year and within months it had failed with about 24 hours total use.

#-o #-o #-o
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)

Return to “Games Consoles”