Long over-due build thread!!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

greasemonkey688

first strip runs

Post by greasemonkey688 »

well on friday night I wired in an apexi boost solenoid controlled by the em70 ecu and the car was mapped Saturday

so at 1.9 bar I made 412 whp and torque is 345, water meth has been fitted but not mapped so hasn't been used yet also I still haven't had a chance to dial in the cams but couldn't resist a blast down the strip lol so on sunday I headed to crail raceway

unfortunately my clutch was slipping after the 2nd run as soon as I hit boost ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

but that was only to be expected lol with an exedy stage 1 fast road clutch so I know have a stage 3 race 3 puck clutch to fit this weekend, other issues where after 3 runs the intercooler was getting hot so had to let it cool so need more airflow. I only had falken road tires on so could benefit from stickies and lastly after the day was over my oil catch can was full so I think this is a combination of too thin an oil im on millers 10/40 so going to go to 10/60 unless anyone has a better suggestion? also the cusco oil catch can is too small I think for the boost level im running now.

not a bad result for preliminary testing though

:lol:
greasemonkey688

update

tonight I fitted a rear facing Subaru bonnet vent to allow more airflow through the intercooler

greasemonkey688

update

not much been happening lately but a few tweeks to the map and on 2 of our dyno nights the car made 445 wheel horse power and 477 wheel horse power putting it somewhere in the region of 520 flywheel horsepower still no water meth mapped in or cams dialled in as too busy

Return to “Project Cars”