Alien Isolation

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oukie
IMOC Organiser

Alien Isolation

Post by oukie »

Anyone else got it?

Freaking scary, playing it in the dark with the Mic and camera settings on, surround sound on,

Really faithful to the original film so far anyway,

Just had to climb through some tunnels with those iris type doors opening and closing, bricking it expecting to get nommed any second. :oops: not to far in, this is only gonna be a, past the kids bed time game.
Last edited by oukie on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
nathan.z

Re: Alien Isolation

Post by nathan.z »

Played the first few chapters, scared the pants of me and my pals. On release day we played on a projector in the dark. Funny to hear a group of 8 men screaming at a game.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

I love the the fact you can get the camera to trak your head movements so you can "peek" round corners, also I ve been sitting sucking on my crisps so the xenomorph can't hear me eating through the mic. :shock: :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

I got it.

Recent Alien games have had you playing as a gun toting marine, with enough firepower to level a small planet, dusting Xenomorphs off left right and center, every one of them failing to capture just what the Xenomorph is capable of.

Its a graceful, deadly killing machine that you do not mess with.

Never has a game had me so much on the edge of my seat, the atmosphere of the station is incredible, the creeks and groans of the structure seemingly caving under the pressures of space is unsettling enough but coupled with flickering lights, burst pipes and sparking electrics just has you scared witless.

The sound design is on another level, even the vent openings sound like they have been pulled directly from the first film.

Then the Xeno shows up, less said about that the better for fear of ruining the effect, but when it does, you feel definitely feel vulnerable.

If you havnt got it and you like the films, specifically the first one. Its a no brainer, get it.

Game of the year for me.

Return to “Games Consoles”