Need a Clutch ? please read this first re:- techniclutch

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Swanseajack

Need a Clutch ? please read this first re:- techniclutch

Post by Swanseajack »

Not sure if you are all aware with the problems with buying a clutch from techniclutch via eBay or Nationwide Clutch Distributors or Clutch Shop , all the same , might call themselves other names too .
I warn you that the clutch you get will be a remanufactured item of poor quality packaged in a new manufacturers box ie LUK or SACHS etc .
Please google the name and check out the horror stories , I count myself lucky to have my money eventually refunded through eBays internal policy - just !
I have informed trading standards etc.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Need a Clutch ? please read this first re:- techniclutch

Post by Peter Gidden »

The whole group of companies are known to sell utter rubbish. A simple Google will confirm this.

I guess the price was too good to be true?

Buy branded parts only, from an approved supplier.
Mikey637

Re: Need a Clutch ? please read this first re:- techniclutch

Post by Mikey637 »

A friend bought one for his S3, it didn't fit. They sent him the "correct" clutch afterwards and it refused to disengage so what should've been a one day job on the weekend turned into a 3month returns process and he had to hire a car to get to work. I'd never think of giving them my money.

Return to “Trader Feedback”