Sorry Sky, Admiral wins!

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Sorry Sky, Admiral wins!

Post by tonigmr2 »

Three cars, MR2 roadster, Disco4 and Smart. Sky quote, £1200 =; Admiral, £627. No contest!
SonicSW20

Re: Sorry Sky, Admiral wins!

Post by SonicSW20 »

Great price, though I would never go back to Admiral myself even if they were the cheapest. I found their customer service to be pretty dire when I actually needed them during a claim process a few years ago.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Was it admiral or albany that you bad the problem with?

I work with quite a few different insurers and I'm with admiral. Tend to find that brokers stick their oar in claims when they dont seem to quite understand the process or overseas call centres can make it a knightmare. They do the odd daft thing but seem to be able to sort it normally.
Got my 3 to reinsure next month so will be trying a bit more wheeling an dealing this time. All my no claims is tied up in the mr2 and the missus is in the qashqai so the clio doesn't have any no claims as my third cars arent kept long enough normally to build any. Normally winter hacks only but now with the little un and another on the way a third car is nessary until I can decide on a car that could replace the mr2 but that also has enough seats.
I'm wondering wether to try and get a classic policy or similar for the mr2 as its a social use only now and I've only done less than 10k in 3+ years.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Get a multi car quote? They sometimes mirror no claims on other cars.
Nails

Post by Nails »

I already have the 3 on a multi policy with them. MR2 is around 280 ish. Qashqai is 340 ish and the clio was 440 to add on when the policy had already been live almost 4 month. I didnt shop around at the time and probably should have.
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Great price, though I would never go back to Admiral myself even if they were the cheapest. I found their customer service to be pretty dire when I actually needed them during a claim process a few years ago.

Agreed Admiral are just a nightmare if you need to claim from them. Will never use them, or any of their subsidaries, again !
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
Tedtiler

Post by Tedtiler »

MartinF wrote:
Gazza_DJ wrote:Great price, though I would never go back to Admiral myself even if they were the cheapest. I found their customer service to be pretty dire when I actually needed them during a claim process a few years ago.

Agreed Admiral are just a nightmare if you need to claim from them. Will never use them, or any of their subsidaries, again !

X2
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I have used them before, claimed for a windscreen and a rear window (separately), very smooth and no issues. Funnily enough I was changing to sky and claimed for the rear window about 24 hours before the policy ended, still no issues!
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

tonigmr2 wrote:I have used them before, claimed for a windscreen and a rear window (separately), very smooth and no issues. Funnily enough I was changing to sky and claimed for the rear window about 24 hours before the policy ended, still no issues!

Bit of an irrelevant post!

Not sure how a claim for few hundred pound windscreen compares to a few grand accident repair. Just because you're near the end of your policy doesn't mean they can shirk their responsibilities it's still a legally binding contract on both of you.

](*,)
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Not really, just illustrating I had a claim that was very smooth.
synXero

Post by synXero »

I do like that admiral give you 90 days European cover for free as part of the policy. Nice touch!

Return to “Trader Feedback”