[Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Donato

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Post by Donato »

Would any one be able to confirm if these fit under 16" Enkei RP01's?
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Post by bobhatton »

I have the kit fitted with 16" wheels. Just had to trim off the end of the ball joint stud
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Donato

Post by Donato »

I think the best way is for me to physically put the wheels on and measure the clearance. I Hope they do, really don't want to have to fit 17" wheels.
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

So worth reiterating here that this wont fit under standard 15' wheels then!

bobhatton wrote:I have the kit fitted with 16" wheels. Just had to trim off the end of the ball joint stud

Which 16's do you have Bob? happen to have any pics of the clearance?

I also have the rev1 caster adjustable set up at the front. Just looking for a guru to confirm that this kit work with that?

also re the rear hubs - is this saying that the existing bearings in the hubs are replaced or do they remain?

cheers :thumleft:
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Ste2 wrote:So worth reiterating here that this wont fit under standard 15' wheels then!

bobhatton wrote:I have the kit fitted with 16" wheels. Just had to trim off the end of the ball joint stud

Which 16's do you have Bob? happen to have any pics of the clearance?

I also have the rev1 caster adjustable set up at the front. Just looking for a guru to confirm that this kit work with that?

also re the rear hubs - is this saying that the existing bearings in the hubs are replaced or do they remain?

cheers :thumleft:

15" wheels might fit in the front, but absolutely no way in the rear. Depending on the wheels, 16's in the rear are likely to have clearance of a couple mm at most.

Works equally well with either style front suspension.

The spherical tie rod bearing in the rear knuckle is removed and a solid steel slug pressed into it's place. The bracket then clamps on over that, and the new rear tie rod uses rod ends on both ends.
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

Alex W wrote:
The spherical tie rod bearing in the rear knuckle is removed and a solid steel slug pressed into it's place. The bracket then clamps on over that, and the new rear tie rod uses rod ends on both ends.

Thanks, sorry for being simple but does this means the bearing that comes with the kit will have to stay in the hub? I only ask as I may want to transfer the kit to another car in the future and would rather not transfer the hubs also. (alternative answer is spare bearings? do you sell these separately?)
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

No problem, it can be removed as easily as it is pressed in and transferred to another car.

Just to be clear, the piece that presses into the knuckle isn't really a bearing, it's just a machined piece of solid steel. And if you were going to remove the kit and put a car back to stock it would need to be removed anyway so the original bearing could be pressed back into that location for the stock tie rod to pivot on.

Also, I do try to keep spares of everything on hand in case anyone needs something.
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Group buy closes next Sunday (Feb 2nd) at midnight. After that... the price goes up, so if you want in get your deposits in by then.
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

pm'd
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Replied.
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Two more days!
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

After talking to my machinist, it looks like I will be doing a little bit bigger production run on these than I had planned. So to prevent me being stuck with too much inventory I am going to open this back up at the group buy price for a few more weeks (until production is done).
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Not much longer now! Should be about a week to go, just waiting on plating, powder coating, and anodizing. In case anyone was waiting till the last minute to get in at the group buy price, now's your chance.
Donato

Post by Donato »

Alex W wrote:Not much longer now! Should be about a week to go, just waiting on plating, powder coating, and anodizing. In case anyone was waiting till the last minute to get in at the group buy price, now's your chance.

YAY!

:lol:
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

In case anyone on your side of the pond is thinking they missed out, I have these kits in stock and ready to ship at this point.

Also, my Strut Mounts are also in stock. Sorry, I'm not allowed to post a link, but they are easy to find in the group buy section of either mr2.com or mr2oc.com

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”