Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Desmond Wise Sports (17")

Post by GeorgeL »

I am offering for sale my set of Desmond Wise Sports (3 Piece Split rims):

2 x 17" x 8" et35

2 x 17" x 9" et38

(5 x 114.3 pattern ofcourse)

These fit the arches absolutely perfect.

As you can see here:

PROPER JDM WHEELS

Fronts are booted with 215/40/17 Yokohama Parada Spec2 (4mm left on them)

Rears are booted with 255/40/17 Falken FK452 (these have seen 10-15miles of use and thats it, so brand new tires essentially)

So not exactly cheap rubbish tires either! Cost me £500 fitted

When i test fitted them to my current car which has Tein Coilovers on it they did not rub at all.

The Japanese Company "Desmond" who make these wheels also made the also much sought after "Regamasters" however, these are much rarer and harder to obtain than the Regas and this is why i promised myself never to sell them. (im a bit of a hoarder that way haha)

James (cardhore) can vouch for how rare these are. As soon as he seen mine he wanted to find a set to refurb for his business.. we had a great discussion about these wheels and ive spent some time on the net looking for them on US forums. They are highly sought after on the US MR2 and S2K scene like the Regamasters.

As they have been sat in the garage they are a bit dusty from my old man rubbing down his Capri recently. They could do with a polish but you can still see how awesome these wheels really are. I will try get some time to polish them up while im off work.
There are only very minor marks on the wheels which could be dressed if really wanted.

All centre caps are present and immaculate.

These wheels cannot be done any justice by photos, they are absolutely awesome in the flesh! They look brilliant on an MR2

Im currently sifting through my laptop for better photos of them when i put them on my old MR2 which they were intended for. For the mean time i have the following ones:

I had promised myself that id NEVER sell these wheels and ive had them tucked away in the garage for atleast 18months not on a car. However, ive decided to shift on the parts im not going to be needing and free up some space. Not in a hurry to sell though.

The wheels are currently located just outside of Glasgow, Scotland. These can be wrapped up properly to allow for a courier to collect no problem although id rather that the buyer arranged the courier.

Price: £900

Cheers

George
Last edited by GeorgeL on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Donato

Re: [FINALIZED] Desmond Wise Sports (17")

Post by Donato »

They are fantastic looking wheels. Aren't these wheels made in Russia and not Japan? :-k
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Haha yeah they sure are.. I dont really want to sell them but its a shame not to use them. I dont see me buying a second MR2 any time soon to put them on.

You are correct mate, Desmond had them made in Russia like the Regamasters. Which were apparently made using the old tank presses in Russia. So the story goes anyway...
Rob

Post by Rob »

I have a massive soft spot for these as well as regas.
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

I know its a slim chance - But can I buy the center caps from you and send you ?

on top of that I can send out my desmond wise sports center caps which are not in as good condition but still look tip top..

from a fellow desmond wise user to another - PLEASEEE!!! ?
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Hiya buddy... I'm afraid to say mate I want to keep these as is. I ain't 100% on selling them, as with my regas but if I don't sell them I'd rather keep them as good as I can.

Sorry buddy

George
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Nobody after some proper JDM split rims in the perfect sizes?
Rydo44

Post by Rydo44 »

Hi pal, are your wheels still available. I live not to far from you so could be an option? Thanks
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Hiya mate, yeah they are atill available :smile:
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

These are Japanese.... If I remember correctly there are 'made in japan' embossments on the inside of the centers.

Also these are priced way too cheap George
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

CardHore wrote:These are Japanese.... If I remember correctly there are 'made in japan' embossments on the inside of the centers.

Also these are priced way too cheap George

I'll need to go check that when I'm home tonight then James along with those weights and dimensions for you. good shout!

Yeah I know mate but I figured with it being after Xmas and stuff...

If they sell I know I will regret it haha!
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

I'm still kicking myself over selling those C7Rs I had years back.

Don't do it mate... You WILL regret it hard just hang on. So often I've been tempted to sell my TOMS stuff and also my AE101 which I did actually advertise. I'm glad none of it sold.
Rob

Post by Rob »

CardHore wrote:I'm still kicking myself over selling those C7Rs I had years back.

Don't do it mate... You WILL regret it hard just hang on. So often I've been tempted to sell my TOMS stuff and also my AE101 which I did actually advertise. I'm glad none of it sold.

I have a set of C7R's in 16" that I would happily swap you for the Wise sports you have!
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

CardHore wrote:I'm still kicking myself over selling those C7Rs I had years back.

Haha yeah I don't understand that one James.. Your mad! I suppose I'd kick myself selling these but I have no car for them lol!

Yeah I don't think selling your toms stuff would go down well afterwards. You are like me... Have stuff you like and have no use for but won't part with it haha!
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Rob wrote:

I have a set of C7R's in 16" that I would happily swap you for the Wise sports you have!

I think James sold them Rob... Not 100% sure though mate
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Had some interest on these but no buyers. I forgot to mention these also come with spigot rings.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

***SOLD***

Just need to be wrapped up and sent to knew owner...

I'll finalise this once they leave me
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

GeorgeL wrote:***SOLD***

Just need to be wrapped up and sent to knew owner...

I'll finalise this once they leave me

Now wrapped up safe at my house now, ready for when my car has had its new sideskirts fitted \:D/
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Glad they got there no worries mate :) they will totally transform your car... Can't wait to see it!

That being said I am kinda gutted I've sold them now. Haha! That's life
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was juliankv73

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”