www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
"No posts exist for this topic"

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Club News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarlBristol

Feedback Score: 33

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: "No posts exist for this topic" Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I was wondering why the phrase "No posts exist for this topic" gets displayed sometimes. I've gone to look at the forum downtime thread and its popped up [Think]

Does this appear when a thread has been moved into the moderators section, and if so why is the thread title and number of pages still visible to me?

I'm just intrigued [Laughing]
juliankv73

Feedback Score: 110

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Photos upside down?? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Has anyone else experienced this?

A few threads ie some of the for sale ones have the photos upside down, then at another time are upright again, then upside down on another time??

[Think]
KarlBristol

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos upside down?? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

juliankv73 wrote:
Has anyone else experienced this?

A few threads ie some of the for sale ones have the photos upside down, then at another time are upright again, then upside down on another time??

[Think]

I think that the photo orientation thing might be a photobucket issue but don't quote me on it... I know that when my photobucket account was playing up the photos were all over the place [Laughing]

Lets make sure it's not this forum, and build a new improved IMOC forum [Mr. Green]
Ryan6926

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I found the same thing when it came up in here about the forum being down for some time [Smile]
pistol pete
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 27

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

yeah i get it on a few posts.. not sure why..
nothing to do with photobucket
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: "No posts exist for this topic" Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

KarlBristol wrote:
I was wondering why the phrase "No posts exist for this topic" gets displayed sometimes. I've gone to look at the forum downtime thread and its popped up [Think]

Does this appear when a thread has been moved into the moderators section, and if so why is the thread title and number of pages still visible to me?

I'm just intrigued [Laughing]

From what I understand it's due to the shuffling of accounts from earlier, the system seems to count deleted posts so it thinks a new page is being started so adds the next page link but when you open it there aren't any posts there.

That's probably as clear as mud. [Laughing]
toxo
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 53

2010 Jaguar XF-R

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm fixing it as we speak.

It's a problem with the database corruption we recently had. The thread you see the error message on has a post on it from a user account that was wiped out when the server crashed - the post still exists, so is still counted towards the total number of posts for the thread (which is used to calculate the number of pages) but the forum won't display any posts that don't have an attached user when you're reading the thread, so the pagination count is out. So, when you click to view the last page of a thread, the forum suddenly finds it doesn't have enough posts with users attached to them to make up that many pages, so you get an error.
KarlBristol

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation - thank god I don't have anything to do with programming as I don't think I would have any hair left! [Laughing]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Club News and Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: