Classics On The Common.... 31st July, Harpenden.

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

Classics On The Common.... 31st July, Harpenden.

Post by HighwayStar »

Just to let you know the date for this huge classic meet this year. Again on the common, on a Wednesday and one of the best classic car meets anywhere.
I'll have another go at mastering photobucket and see if I can't get some images up of previous years but visitors have included DB5s, F40s, D-types, 265s, Cobras, Daytonas, Gallardos and much much more. If it's special they let in more modern cars but special in this company means something very special indeed.
Free entry on foot (2 mins from Harpenden station).
If anybody wants to enter and park up together you'll need to enter together on the day as there is no prior allocation. Entries (cars) must be 20 years old and applications are available online and once completed should be submitted with a S.A.E. and any donation of £8 or over which will go to the charities. This year including Herts Air Ambulance, the Samaritans and a local childrens hospice.

Cheers.

R.
Last edited by HighwayStar on Wed May 29, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Classics On The Common.... 31st July, Harpenden.

Post by tonigmr2 »

Twincharger might make it this year. :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

All vehicle entrance tickets now sold, another classics common meet that'll be packed with interesting stuff.
Surrounded on three sides by lovely pubs, 2 mins from both the station and the broad and pleasant main street, coffee places, restaurants & shops etc.
Arrive by train and enjoy beautiful machinery and beer.... for the last 2 years the weather has been stunning too....
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Long range forecast has the weather looking awesome again this year so get organising that midweek day off work...
ELS

Post by ELS »

HighwayStar wrote:Long range forecast has the weather looking awesome again this year so get organising that midweek day off work...

Looks a cracking event, good shout! :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Weather according to the BBC and MET office should be rain free and warm from about 2.30 ish. Event begins with first cars being parked up at 2pm.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Looking forward to it :thumleft:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I thought it was last week! Either way, no car to go in this year so I think I'll avoid the crowds..
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Amongst many many many fine cars there were 3 lovely mk1s. Got to chat with the 20 year owner of one of them... lovely knowledgeable lady. Only my single mk2 so on the day a much rarer car than a DB6, an E-type or an F40.
Loved a 70's rally prepped Skoda, a beautifully detailed Marcos Mantula, a black Dodge Charger, S3 Esprit Turbo in navy blue & red and an orange/yellow Diablo SV which just looked huge!

Good weather too. Nice Pimms from the Silver cup and my gal was off work to come with me along with ma and pa. Good day.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Saw your car! As usual a good turn out :D
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

Got over there this evening for a bit. Was a nice walk around as usual and some tidy motors.

Return to “Events Discussion”