N9THX Reactivated

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: N9THX Reactivated

Post by tonigmr2 »

I think you have to take your tin foil hat off.

If a person has a complaint against a trader they can post it themselves. A third party can only post hearsay. Hearsay is what gets forums into legal trouble. So anything posted by a third party saying 'I heard...' Will get deleted, period, whatever trader or private seller is involved.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

So it is imoc being worried about being taken to court.

You better go through the mk2 forum because there is lots of 'I heard ' stories. Just a quick search to me reveals lots.

Change the rules to better suit the premium members and get a better legal team. Surely affiliates sign a contract. Please forward me a copy of said contract.

Am I allowed to say that I know for a fact an affiliated trader is being taken to court?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yeah but you heard it, you are not the one doing it. So unless you've proof e.g. A court circular, heard and court in the same sentence will get chopped. IMOC is not a vehicle for gossip and rumour. If its true let the one doing it post in a factual manner. Until then, trader or anyone else, it's nothing but hearsay.

IMOC is not here to pay solicitors to allow people to post whatever they hear. It's common sense IMHO.

One other edit. IMOC is paid for advertising on the forum, nothing more. It does not enter into any dispute with a trader or private seller.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I may not be the ONE taking him to court but as a member of imoc, we stick together, and if one of us has an issue then we all have an issue.

If I tell my friend xyz trader blew up my friends car and my friend knows a guy who is about to have work done by xyz trader, then I think that's the whole point of the forum. It's called word of mouth and the good traders know this is where the good rep comes from. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. The sword is fruitful but it must also be indifferent.

Increasing the ability of imoc to protect its members through reputation should be top priority. I've seen to many of these issues arise and then hush hushed by imoc to protect the rep of the trader.

It seems to me imoc is not protected from court actions and are scared to even get a threat. Get protected. Use all the dirty tricks in the book, but sort it out. You're getting bullied like a little b1tch.

Rather than deleting threads maybe the posters should be informed of how to relay information in way which is within the law but to the benefit of other members. How to re word in other words.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

How many registered premium members are there right now???
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I am telling you there is a common sense approach that relies on facts that is all.

Too often people think they can say what they want on the Internet, well you can't.
If a thread is factual, reported by the person(s) actually involved and is not piled in by everybody with an opinion, then it stays. No one trader is protected, but IMOC will protect its reputation and legal standing. As would any forum.
I would think it pretty stupid to invite legal challenge unnecessarily.
What IMOC does IS the way round it. That is kind of the point.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Also in the post it is stated that aparently NAthan was contacted by another board member. If that member wanted to voice their concerns on the forum they can, but they haven't, so its either not true (hear say) or they want it off the board.

You all agree to the rules and guidelines.

This thread has now served its purpose

Return to “Club News and Announcements”