Remove images from quotes...

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Goto10

Remove images from quotes...

Post by Goto10 »

Might've been suggested before, but maybe automatically remove all images within a Quote tag ?
(e.g. Person1 posts a message along with 5 pics, Person2 replies to the message with a quote and the same 5 images appear in the response again (needlessly), if pics were removed from <quote> tags it'd stop that occuring.
Would save having to scroll past the same pictures 15 times on one page anyway!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Remove images from quotes...

Post by tonigmr2 »

I agree - Esmond is on his hols at the moment, sure he'll see this on his return.
T
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

You only have to remove them from the reply though.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Yeah i see the benefit of this...however sometimes it might be handy to have it displayed. What if the image was a technical one and was two or three pages back in the thread. It would be handy to see it in that case?

I will need to have a good think about it..as always if people post whether they like the idea or not will help me decide which path I take.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

poyntesm wrote:Yeah i see the benefit of this...however sometimes it might be handy to have it displayed. What if the image was a technical one and was two or three pages back in the thread. It would be handy to see it in that case?

I can see it'd have to be both ways.
What about a 'quote with pic' button - and have the default 'quote' button remove the pics ?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

JohnnyC wrote:I can see it'd have to be both ways.
What about a 'quote with pic' button - and have the default 'quote' button remove the pics ?

Um...now that is a good idea. Simple and effective. I really like that....I had not thought of it like that...I was thinking far too complexly!!!
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Have this working pretty much prefectly on the test site...just need to create a new button and I will be ready to bring it live.

Really liked that idea...simple but useful.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

:thumleft: :salut:
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

JohnnyC wrote::thumleft: :salut:

All done now...the change is live. Normal quote replaces image with a link..and lets you know via a message.

New quote button with a image keeps the image in the quote.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”