Some journeys....

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Some journeys....

Post by tonigmr2 »

This morning, normal 40 min drive to work.

Just got on the M1, was following a Porsche 911 convertible, and he had a tyre blow out just as I was drawing level with him. BOOM. Never saw anyone pull off the motorway so fast! Luckily I was on the outside of him.

10 minutes later I was drawing level with a foreign registered lorry. The stupid damn f**k pulled out with me beside him. Outside lane was chocker, I had to do an emergency stop in the middle lane of the M1. It was so close it made me cry (yes really!!) Obviously I lean on the horn...get a hazard flash. I suppose that's a 'sorry I just nearly killed you'. FS.

So then on the small roads into work came round a blind corner and there's a sodding BMW straddling the line. Evasive action needed.

That's all the excitment I need for one day!!! Well for the rest of the year really.
blue2

Re: Some journeys....

Post by blue2 »

Bad! Foreign lorry drivers should have to pass some form of UK driving test before being allowed on our roads, some of their driving is shocking! Ive had a similar thing happen to me, they just dont look and hardly any of them have a blind spot mirror.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Got to be careful!

That blowout must have been surreal. Normal, legal speeds? One would like to think it couldn't happen!

Well done avoiding death on the M1 and the B whatever you were on. Could've been bad!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Crikey T, you've been through the mill this morning :hug:

Good avoidance though :+:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Always been scared of the dreaded blow out.. Just go to show, it can happen to the best.. Something to think about on the dark side of 100mph... Was it a new model??
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

No TBF looked like a fairly tired early 00s car, didn't get too close a look though! He exited left fairly sharpish. Don't think he was speeding though as I was overtaking him at the time!

Return to “Driving Experiences”