Possible advanced keys group buy

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jack-p

Possible advanced keys group buy

Post by jack-p »

I've been looking at getting one of these kits but can't really justify the expense so emailed them to ask if they'll do a group buy.
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104B.html
The discount they're offering is 30% off (MSRP $350 to $245) for 10+ units for the group buy. By my calculations this works out at about £155 which seems like a resonable saving.
I believe they're also willing to discount their other system by the same 30% which brings it to $154 (£97)
I'm yet to get a definate answer on the cost of shipping but I'd imagine the cheapest method would be to have them posted to one address and send them out individually once in the UK.
Something that i'm not familiar with is customs charges, will this be subject to any and what sort of cost are we looking at?

This is just gauging interest at the moment, if you interested express that interest and we'll see if we can get to 10+
Racer7

Re: Possible advanced keys group buy

Post by Racer7 »

That looks uber cool!

Just when I thought I was cool with my custom flip blade key! #-o

I can't seem to see if your alarm can be programmed in to it? As in, no point having a credit card style key only to carry an alarm fob around too. (currently what I do as mine won't fit in the flip case!)
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

That's awesome. Most definitely on my 'want' list.
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

[quote="jack-p"]
Something that i'm not familiar with is customs charges, will this be subject to any and what sort of cost are we looking at?quote]

Ta daa!

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Quite useful to get a ball park.

I could be interested in this idea. Depends on how much hassle the install and how easy it would be to transfer on to an new MR2. Oh and of course my original problem of making the alarm work within the credit card bit.
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Racer7 wrote:I can't seem to see if your alarm can be programmed in to it? As in, no point having a credit card style key only to carry an alarm fob around too. (currently what I do as mine won't fit in the flip case!)

I havent checked but I'm pretty sure you'll still need your fob for the alarm, they have a forum on their website... could be worth asking on their just to make sure though.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Only problem I see is that now the ignition lock comes into the mot test you will still have to have an ignition key.
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

I wasn't aware of this, what are the new regulations?
MMaddict

Post by MMaddict »

madbasshunter wrote:Only problem I see is that now the ignition lock comes into the mot test you will still have to have an ignition key.

Isnt that just for the new cars?

Anyway, Im wondering how easy it is to install this system? I have seen Oteck build in a similair system and it wasnt that easy..... (mr2.com)
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

I've got this on my car, it's not terrible to install, but requires a fair amount of electrical knowledge.

It's very handy being keyless, although I still need to carry my clifford fob around with me.....

Regarding the steering lock, i'm working on an electronic version that'll be operated via the central locking (lock\unlock), or the immobiliser arm\disarm

:thumleft:
ACE.

Post by ACE. »

I'm in for one.. I have been waiting for someone to get a group buy going. YAY! this is too cool.. we need this :D

Edit: Come on guys.. This system is great. I'm going to buy it whether or not this GB is succesful

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”