cant connect ...help needed

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cvega666

Re: cant connect ...help needed

Post by cvega666 »

you could try using a different DNS - like the google's one, 8.8.8.8.
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I am deffo run as admin and boxes ubticked

File name: host
Save as type: txt documents
Encoding: ansi

Appears, when I try and save,

Host already exists,do u want to replace.

Anyway this just plain ridiculous, it surely must be fault of imoc if it just stopped working on dongles
Your a top bloke helping with thid toxo, but m not happy messing about in the system files , if it cant be sorted for people with dongles to carry on using the site...fk it.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Ill juust use this phone to get o. I stikl get notifications om my emaol though...
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

djpkins wrote:Anyway this just plain ridiculous, it surely must be fault of imoc if it just stopped working on dongles
Your a top bloke helping with thid toxo, but m not happy messing about in the system files , if it cant be sorted for people with dongles to carry on using the site...fk it.

Look, I'm trying to help you here - don't get stroppy. If you think it's ridiculous then speak to your ISP, they're the ones with the issue! I've provided you with a workaround, and as cvega has also suggested you could change to using google's DNS rather than 3's DNS which clearly doesn't work properly.

Also, thread moved to Club News & Announcements - MR2 MK2 isn't the right section.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

lol...I dont get stroppy, and your a star for all your help, I lost sooooo much when my hardrive packed up last month...just don't like the idea of stomping around in the system32 folder and clumping something up with biffery...anyways it all seems fine now, just started her up and boom...straight in. weel done imoc...whhoooppp
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Thank you for all your help...it's easy for a bloke like me to type as I speak and if heard rather than read I'm sure you would know that there was no shortness in my manner at all...the situation was ridiculous to me as it happened overnight without me knowingly doing anything to bring it on...and by Imoc's fault...I just meant something that went wrong whilst website maintenance was going on rather than me incorrectly setting up a new version of windows on a fresh hard drive...no idea what DNS is/are...I remember DNA's mix of candi statton.
I fully admit that I can come across as a meat head at times but it's down to lack of education and not a poor attitude...rerally, really sorry for rubbing you up the wrong way mate, thanks again for your help. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

the reason you cant edit the host file is probably because you need to change the drop down box when you save as which says text file to read 'all files'

this is a problem for everyone on 3 and most of us are on mobile devices so we have no fix at all.

if you still cant get it to work pipkins try following this set of instructions which explains a more foolproof way to do it which wont give you any grief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImy0En1-HI
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

This thread has actually prompted me to look again into our DNS hosting and I've found a few things that weren't wrong.... But could have been better. I've tweaked it and we shall see if it has any effect in a few days.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

This thread has actually prompted me to look again into our DNS hosting and I've found a few things that weren't wrong.... But could have beenbeen better. I've tweaked it and we shall see if it has any effect in a few days.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

IT was doing the same with me, I couldn't get on, I tried yesterday and got on first time? :clap:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Good, long may it continue :lol:
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

just tried mine and it's working. not sure if you fixed it but if you did then thanks jonny! :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Please see this post: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 90#1414490

Thread locked. Anyone with any further connection issues, please post in the thread linked above.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”