Track car with a low budget | Powered by Adaptronic

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GreddyMR2

Re: Track car with a low budget | Powered by Adaptronic

Post by GreddyMR2 »

This morning I sit down to go to work and my seats were wet. I don't know what to do... Left side window looks well adjusted and pressed to the rubber well, but water is running through it like a river!

I think I will try to swap a rubbers from my other car and if that not helps, silicone should be the my way out of this hell of water?
craig

Post by craig »

T bar seals? :-k
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

RedMR² wrote:T bar seals? :-k

Most probably... But they were not so leaky before I changed windows.
Anyway, they were and they need to by repaired :)
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Some small update.
Yesterday I changed ecu from USDM to JDM. Filled a tank with 98 fuel, reseted ecu and I see that fuel economy is worse! What a hell... I can see a fuel needle going down every couple of mins even if I drive very slowly, no boost at all. ECU shows no errors

The question. I have change an O2 sensor to universal one when I had USDM ecu as it showed an error of o2 sensor. Later I realised, that US engines have 2 o2 sensors and my engine has 1. So, when I put a JDM ecu, could it be that the universal o2 is not matched with it and fuel economy is affected? I am sure that now it's less than 18mpg... And that is not normal when I drive with no boost! Should I try of putting back an old standard o2 sensor?

I also received HKS S-AFR and drop links (I like the quality and they are thick). Still not decided if to install HKS or to sell it... Do you know if I can get any advantages with it in economy or performance?
Droplinks from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360211886345?ss ... 1497.l2649 The photo refers that rear are slim, but I received thick and I am very happy with it :) We'll see how long they will last...

And I think this head unit will go to satisfy my ears. Oldschool! And it's still much younger for my 2! :thumleft:
I like how it sounds at home with microlab solo3c.
Currently I'm with JVC SH99
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Preparing for a weekend. Going to try to make my wheels look a bit better. I know they need sand blasting and repaint, but when I don't have a funds to do that, I will try to polish them. In that kit there is one special piece for aluminum oxide removal what I actualy must do.

So, my job list for this weekend:
1. Change drop links (1 hour I guess). I aslo need to reweld front sway bar body holders, because a bolt is no longer holding sway bar, it rusted and broken... But this will be for next time;
2. Change one CV boot (1-2 hours probably);
3. Change door rubbers and will put another t-bar glasses. I am so tired of leaking roof. It's so annoying (For this I think 4hours)!
4. Change O2 sensor.
5. Polish alloys. (a lot of time...)

I hope I will complete this task :)
And I have to say for myself - enaugh with a car, I need to study study study... I need to write a final work and only 1 month left. I would like to close myself in my room :D If not a job... But after May, when my studies are finished, then I will be able to spend much more time upgrading my car! I think next update will be only on June.
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Just had a bad morning... Had to leave my car at home.
Starter was not turning at all. I had this problem before, then I found out that starter main wire was loose. So I hope it's the same now and not a bigger problem. So first time in my life I went to work with a public transport and that was funny! Thanks to my collegue who was going with me :D

EDIT: Looks like me job list is changing with a reparing/replacing starter in a first place... And all other jobs will depend on time which is left after starter is done.
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Was a great weekend! So nice weather on Saturday to work outside :thumleft:
And here is what i've done:
1. Changed starter motor. Starter from N/A works well.
2. Changed door rubbers, old ones were in VERY poor condition!
3. Changed drop links.
4. Change rear plastic around a window with a stop light in it.
5. Changed speed sensor and gearbox mount at the same time (mount from turbo is bigger, but I don't know if it has any effect).
6. And finally cleaned interior! :D

So here is some pictures from this weekend:
N/A starter on top and turbo on bottom.

A bit cleaned and fitted

Starting to change rubbers

What the hell happend with these rubbers? :shock:

Here is from another car. Looks much better :thumleft: I hope my leaky roof will be solved.

A great day to work :)

From this
To this. Should look better at night :)

Old drop link vs new

And that was a difficult job... Firstly, to unbolt a mount and then to remove sensor which was stuck in quite strongly.
Gearbox mounts. N/A vs Turbo

After works
Interior with covers for T-bars. A bit strange not to see sky :D

Also, I received some leds for speedo cluster. It shines so brightly :thumleft:

This was my last weekend of working to my car till june. Maybe I will do some small mods as fitting leds, etc., but nothing major.
It's bad I did not changed CV boot this weekend, but it looked like a lot of work for it... Next time :) And of course there was no time to play with alloys...
Last edited by GreddyMR2 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

First post updated with mod list and some photos :)

BTW. Could anyone imagine why the bumper on Pinkie looks more upwards and the black downwards. I like it looking downwards as it is lower then! I also measured it. Height from ground to fenders was the same, but from ground to bumper it's about 1.5" difference (measured height to bumper, not the lip). It's not because of bumper, because I already changed it. Maybe something is not alligned right? I say so, because car was damaged and repaired before me.
craig

Post by craig »

Good updates mate, looks like the original T-bar seals had been siliconed in the past to stop them leaking.

Regarding the bumpers, red one has a rev1 lip, black one has the deeper rev2+ lip :thumleft:
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

RedMR² wrote:Good updates mate, looks like the original T-bar seals had been siliconed in the past to stop them leaking.

Regarding the bumpers, red one has a rev1 lip, black one has the deeper rev2+ lip :thumleft:

Thanks! :)

It's not because of lip. I measured it not to the lip, but to the bumper. Well, a small difference could be that black mr2 rear is higher, so front looks lower. But still I can see that around toyota badge red bumper is bloated (if I say correctly).

Now is raining outside and I went to check if the roof is still leaking. And I was dissapointed... It still leaks... Much less, but still :( I will try to adjust windows again to new t-bar seals, but I am not sure if that will help.
craig

Post by craig »

Those lips are different mate. Rev 1 is a 2 piece shallow lip. Rev2+ is a 1 piece deeper lip :thumleft:
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

RedMR² wrote:Those lips are different mate. Rev 1 is a 2 piece shallow lip. Rev2+ is a 1 piece deeper lip :thumleft:

I know what you mean, but I can not explain what I mean :D
Imagine that you take both lips off and you measure it. Then height from ground to bumper should be the same (beceause ground - fenders is the same height), but it's not. The bumper itself sits lower.
And of course I know the lips are different :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Dunno mate, disregarding the lips fitted, the bumpers look the same to me! :lol:
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

RedMR² wrote:Dunno mate, disregarding the lips fitted, the bumpers look the same to me! :lol:

Ok, maybe it's only my imagination and desire it to be lower :D

BTW, what would your suggestion on a color of wheels? I was thinking about white and red center caps. Also bronze was in mind, but I am not sure if that would be the right color for these alloys. Some of my friends told me to paint them black with polished lips, but then the rim will "disapear" when it's dark.
craig

Post by craig »

GreddyMR2 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Dunno mate, disregarding the lips fitted, the bumpers look the same to me! :lol:

Ok, maybe it's only my imagination and desire it to be lower :D

BTW, what would your suggestion on a color of wheels? I was thinking about white and red center caps. Also bronze was in mind, but I am not sure if that would be the right color for these alloys. Some of my friends told me to paint them black with polished lips, but then the rim will "disapear" when it's dark.

I reckon the lip on that black one creates the image of a lower appearance, as for wheels, white or gunmetal 8)
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Still tending more to the white...
Also, will put these after repaint: http://www.acromann.com/images/Racing%2 ... 20V1R1.JPG

Did some photoshoping quickly :D
White
Or gunmetal?
Or some shocking color as my car already has? :D
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Almost decided to repaint my rims in Dark gunmetal or gloss black.
What do you think?
Gloss black

Or dark gunmetal?
http://www.vividracing.com/forums/galle ... _7092a.jpg
riot68

Post by riot68 »

I know what you mean with the bumpers, always thought my rev1 looked up more, mine had a little bumper from a previous owner, however I have a rev2 bumper ready, just need to fit it then I guess I'll know for sure...

All looking good by the way, your original na engine looks great, just need to get mine looking like that...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

riot68 wrote:I know what you mean with the bumpers, always thought my rev1 looked up more, mine had a little bumper from a previous owner, however I have a rev2 bumper ready, just need to fit it then I guess I'll know for sure...

All looking good by the way, your original na engine looks great, just need to get mine looking like that...

Thank you, you should definitely polish valve cover and intaka manifold :thumleft:
I miss my N/A engine, so many polishing/cleaning work was done to it, so mane races won with... And still didn't try to race with a turbo. But I hope it will be good as well.

But those mr2s are both rev1 and still the bumpers look differen (not because of a lip) :-k
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Might just paint the engine, maybe a bit less work ;)

I think the difference might be in the suspension wheel set up...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com

Return to “Member Profiles”