Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

3sgtemechanic

Re: Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

Post by 3sgtemechanic »

thank god for that can see whats in the for sale section now seem to always miss out on bargains and good items as i get fed up looking through it page by page

nice job team :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

wondered how long that would take, i had 'legal' threats off him over a petty argument a few months ago, complete tosspot.
ForMySin

Post by ForMySin »

yup i had "legal" issues with this "offender" also..... seems it was taken a step too far this time
If you are in full control you aren't driving fast enough- Stirling Moss
pnicho

Post by pnicho »

I've had a xxxx day today but this news is the best that I have had all week. He was annoying me on the for sale section, I've only ever put 2 items up for sale on here and they were being bumped to page 2/3 within hours because of him and another member.

Edit: Wonder how long till the troll comes back with a different user name?
ForMySin

Post by ForMySin »

well tbh he did mention before that he used to use this forum under another name but had to change it due to ppl flaming all the time :)
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

What was his other user name??
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

That's cos he's a 100% c o c k. Has not contributed anything worthwhile to the forum in over 1000 posts!
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
ForMySin

Post by ForMySin »

Leakie Tbar wrote:What was his other user name??

it never came to light.... although apparently everyone knew it...
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

His old user name (now banned) was Chef Angus :thumleft:
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Problem is resurfacing....
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

wow its like IMOC's very own police force
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

wow its like Jason's very own for sale section

YOU ARE A BREAKER USE THE BREAKING SECTION!!!!
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

as long as you are there to watch it i feel safe
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Your a bit difficult to miss when your spamming the for sale section. No other trader does it so I don't see why you should. The rules are clear - there is a section for cars being broken - use it.

BTW Since your trading you need to upgrade your subscription too :-)
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

for someone who hasnt even used that section this year you sure have alot to say about it. Personally im not that bothered what your opinion is, i have offer a few suggestions to the problem such as a limit to the amount someone can post as was the case on MR2OC, a time limit on 4 sale threads (it was suggested it cannot be done - but they are auto deleted on the wanted section so i dont understand why it cant be done there) even a subsection for breakers, and i reiterate i did sctually ask to be a full trader at the very beginning and was told as i wasnt a limited company i couldnt be a full trader, shame the rules dont seem to apply for everyone as not everyone is a ltd company - jeez some dont even give out receipts for the work they do even if constantly asked for one.

Thanks for pointing out my affiliate had slipped i hadnt noticed it was changed - like i said earlier i feel safe knowing big brother/stazi/police are watching over us
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

jasongtr wrote:for someone who hasnt even used that section this year you sure have alot to say about it.

Not sure how you can say that - I use it nearly every day - that's why I don't want to have to trawl through your spam.

jasongtr wrote:Personally im not that bothered what your opinion is.

My opinion is irrelevant - I'm talking about the rules.

jasongtr wrote:i have offer a few suggestions to the problem such as a limit to the amount someone can post as was the case on MR2OC, a time limit on 4 sale threads (it was suggested it cannot be done - but they are auto deleted on the wanted section so i dont understand why it cant be done there) even a subsection for breakers

There's already a section for breaking cars - just use it - your posting in the wrong section. ](*,)

jasongtr wrote:i reiterate i did sctually ask to be a full trader at the very beginning and was told as i wasnt a limited company i couldnt be a full trader, shame the rules dont seem to apply for everyone as not everyone is a ltd company - jeez some dont even give out receipts for the work they do even if constantly asked for one.

Irrelevant - not sure how not getting a receipt off a trader entitles you to start spamming the for sale section???????

jasongtr wrote:Thanks for pointing out my affiliate had slipped i hadnt noticed it was changed - like i said earlier i feel safe knowing big brother/stazi/police are watching over us

Glad to be of service comrade ;-')
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

the section for breaking cars has been moved as it was totally pointless where it once was, its a little better but still not fit for purpose. Hence why i list in the 4 sale section, is it really your job as a premium member to point out and try to enforce the rules - surely admin or higher should be doing this. My posts are spam are they? WTF.... they are posts to sell things in the 4 sale section, seriously you need to have a look at what you are posting..spam...lol

you carry on i wont be responding to this thread anymore as its really just a sounding board for your personal dislike to whats happening without lets be honest not really much support. I appreciate before you respond a few people have been on board with your 'rant' but seriously theres not alot of support really. I have never known a forum to be so worried about people (and now they have gone just me) posting items for sale more regularly than some others.

Why dont you use your self awarded police status to 'go after' the people on here who con and rip people off, i for one have never even thought about doing it or ever been accused of anything like that, my sales are always honest.

OUT
Nails

Post by Nails »

I agree with jeffd also, I trawl it alot seeing whats for sale etc, infact I dare say more people use it with a view to buy things rather that people use it to sell things, I did myself have alot of parts to sell at point and instead of making a million threads I just put it into one.
I hate trawling though posts after posts for quite frankly, mostly 'breakers parts' ie 2nd hand handbrake cables ashtrays etc. Surely if people want stuff like that then they will pm the breakers of go to ebay where its can be cheaper?
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

agree with jeffd also... its alright listing a few parts, like the substantial ones, but individual ones for mediocre parts gets a bit tedious, when they could just be dumped in 1 big thread....
ashley

Post by ashley »

Dale_V wrote:agree with jeffd also... its alright listing a few parts, like the substantial ones, but individual ones for mediocre parts gets a bit tedious, when they could just be dumped in 1 big thread....

+1

Don't mind seeing lists of interesting / unusual parts from cars being broken, but long lists of standard parts is extremely tedious.

Having said that- there's f all we can do about it so why bother bitchin'...

Return to “Club News and Announcements”