MR2 Rev2 Tubby VS 2003 M3 Convertible

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: MR2 Rev2 Tubby VS 2003 M3 Convertible

Post by matt_mr2t »

mr2nut123 wrote:At least I'm not fat and lonely and can afford a tubby. Maybe the problem was that your suspension needed a stiffer spring on the drivers side to stop it fishtailing..? :-k

Erm, I'm not fat or lonely?

Try again.
Marf

Post by Marf »

mr2nut123 wrote:At least I'm not fat and lonely and can afford a tubby. Maybe the problem was that your suspension needed a stiffer spring on the drivers side to stop it fishtailing..? :-k

I say old bean that's a bit sharp, no? Put those claws away.

Matt and I may not see eye to eye on some things but he is right, MR2s are not the be all and end all of performance motoring.

Hell I only ended up with one because I didnt want to pay £1200 a year for insurance on a Mitsubaru Evopreza.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I only ended up with one because I got the bug for quick turbo RWD cars and couldnt afford a Cosworth.

Although I always have and always will love the Mk2 shape. My teacher had one when I was at school from new in 1992 and I was smitten.
My brother very nearly bought a mk1 before the mk2 came out, I liked it then, but think it's grown a little long in the tooth and is now firmly in the dated range.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

mr2nut123 wrote:At least I'm not fat and lonely and can afford a tubby.

I'll leave the fat and lonely comment alone since I suspect that you've probably realised just what a ridiculously childish comment that is, but given how a mk2 MR2, tubby or not, is available for absolute peanuts these days I'm not sure how you equate one to being something expensive? Christ, it's hardly a Bentley is it? :roll:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I wouldnt bother guys, his 2 brain cells are probably spoiling for a fight at the moment, so he'll be busy for a while.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

You just called the guy a `gay fanboi`, well actually it seemed like it was aimed at the MR2 enthusiasts in general, was that not a two braincell comment?
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

matt_mr2t wrote:I love the internet, where people talk about people as if they know them.

matt_mr2t wrote:Now go back to your MR2 and put your willy back in the exhaust and tell it how much you love it

matt_mr2t wrote:Grow up.

Do you know what irony is? I'm guessing not :)
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

Ekona wrote: given how a mk2 MR2, tubby or not, is available for absolute peanuts these days I'm not sure how you equate one to being something expensive? Christ, it's hardly a Bentley is it? :roll:

That is all down to someones personal budget and preference thou surely?

Not everyone will spend 1k on a rev1 turbo, some would like the later rev6 which are hardly cheap (not much if any cheaper than a 1985 Bentley)

Ones man's expensive is another man's cheap, its all about justification and personal circumstances

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Slarty wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I love the internet, where people talk about people as if they know them.

matt_mr2t wrote:Now go back to your MR2 and put your willy back in the exhaust and tell it how much you love it

matt_mr2t wrote:Grow up.

Do you know what irony is? I'm guessing not :)

There was a lot of irony intended, but that generally gets missed on here a lot too by people with feelings that get hurt by the bad people.

Loudandproud - Rev 6's must cost a fortune being as rare as they are. From what I heard, Toyota only made 0.
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

Meh rev6 slip of the key #-o

You knew what I meant :whistle:

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Just pulling ya leg buddy :thumleft:
Nails

Post by Nails »

I had a 02 plate M3 cabby (E46?) trying to bait me at the weekend, I wasnt going to bite, then I did, long dual carriage way, lots of roundabouts between 1 and 2 miles apart, big roundabouts with plenty of room but also well worn and can be very slippy and off camber in parts, the type of road wheres there always some one backwards in the railsings when its wet, anyway, I was suprised the BMW didnt do so well, at one point I stopped playing and when he went past infront of me round the roundabout the back end was just getting out of shape with plenty of tyre squeal so he must of been trying, and his passenger seemed to be laughing quite a bit, so IM guessing he must of said the infamous lines of 'watch this' then got beat.

never ever say watch this or it will go wrong. :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

They'll always be hindered by the massive weight 1.6k KG+

343bhp / 1.6 = 214bhp per tone. Not exactly setting the world alight in absolute outright speed.

Make it a fully spec'd convertible and it'll be more like 1.7t too.

Not to mention, no matter how fast a car is, some people cant drive them :lol:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

My mate had the E46 SMG semi auto thing i couldnt help but think why are there so many different settings for the gear changes and acceleration. I wonder what the 0-60 times are when in full hardcore mode and when in comfort mode.
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

un1eash wrote:My mate had the E46 SMG semi auto thing i couldnt help but think why are there so many different settings for the gear changes and acceleration. I wonder what the 0-60 times are when in full hardcore mode and when in comfort mode.

You dont want it to be sooo hard when your wafting around.

On auto mode, i have it set quite low. so it just smooths into the gear.

Then when i pull a paddle or put it into sport mode, it automatically goes up to 5 (where i set it) then 6 if i turn the traction control off.

There is a good difference in the speed of change.... in 5, there is a noticible off, then on..... in mode 6 (which you can only access through turning the traction control off) there is very little on and off. Its almost like its instant.. Its VERY quick!

Considering there is only 1 gear change the 0-60 times wont be too different between 1 and 6. But it will be noticable. Afterall whats 0.5 of a second between freinds! :)

Return to “Driving Experiences”