Member GTS GAV banned from IMOC-UK

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Member GTS GAV banned from IMOC-UK

Post by Scott Barton »

I am sorry to report that GTS GAV has been banned from IMOC-UK.

The sending of abusive and threatening PM's will not be tolerated and the committee have voted on removing this member with immediate effect.

The committee's decision in this matter is final.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Razor04

Re: Member GTS GAV banned from IMOC-UK

Post by Razor04 »

Gav was a good buyer and seller and had a great build thread going, shame :(
kennym

ban

Post by kennym »

just out of interest do the commite issue warnings or susspensions ? are all ban like puppys.....for life?
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

You generally get 3 official warnings. But in extreme cases (like threats etc) then an instant ban can be issued. Sadly bans are permanent.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Sadly?? He can't have been that great if he's been banned.

Good work to the mods/admin
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Ha, I meant sadly, as is a turn of speach, not in a personal comment regading Gav in particular.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
loz w

Post by loz w »

Hi I would like to say the following on gavins behalf (I am his father)

For one I no personally he was very disappointed with being notified about being banned, he was told by one of the committee at a time where he was going through a very bad patch losing someone very close to him, at the time he was not in sound mind to frankly care as any of you can understand, I know for a fact that he tried to resolve the situation after he had time to grieve with the committee.

I would like to make perfectly clear for everyone rather than people jumping to conclusions about Gavin being threatening or abusive I am his father and no first hand he is not the type of person to make wild threats towards people it’s simply not in his nature todo so

He was involved in an argument with another member after this so called “member” took a disliking to him for whatever reason I don’t know, this “member” persisted to email Gavin, even having his friends find and message him on social networking sites, I know this for a fact as I have seen the emails and unnecessary abuse he received again first hand.

I know this got Gavin very down and upset at points he even stopped using imoc all together for a number of months as this member decided he would try and make Gavin look small on every post he posted on the forum.
Even when he come close to losing his job and maybe consider breaking his car as it wasn’t finically practical for him to keep, he received an email from this member gloating about his situation, Gavin was extremely depressed at this point in time, he reported the goings on to Steve Horrocks , (also steve he regarded you as a friend he had met through the forum, so im sure he will be extremely happy to read your comments)

He continued to receive very abusive emails coxing him into and argument after his partner had received emails on her social networking site from this so called member, at this point understandably Gavin lost the plot and frankly told him strait, IN NO WAY DID THREATEN HIM, he simply told him that if this carried on then he would take it further, by that he meant the legal route not physically as I have said before that is not in his nature

I would also like to know why the committee didn’t even get Gavin’s side of the story even though he was the first person to report this member for actions against him, this member has been on the forum a year or so longer than Gavin does that automatically mean he gets the benefit of the doubt as he has been a member longer?

I personally think after what Gavin has given to the forum as in help, advise, parts, to people for no personal gain he has been treated appallingly, he now feels he can’t even attend events and shy away from seeing people as he is now looked towards as “the bad guy”

I’m very very disappointed in the committee and there handling of this situation i wanted to make my feeling clear and post Gavin’s side of the story before it developed into some sort of witch hunt

Thank you loz
loz w

Post by loz w »

Razor04 wrote:Gav was a good buyer and seller and had a great build thread going, shame :(

Thank you for you kind words Razor, it is a great shame he can no longer update his build thread, but i no he has updated it on another forum so i will ask him if i can have some pictures to update it for the guys following the build, so you can keep upto date

Thank you loz
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

For the record:

1) I have seen the threats that were made and they have been substantiated.
2) Gav was given more than enough time to give his side of the story. Something he refused to give on a number of occasions, and following a recent email from him, I replied and I am still waiting on a reply from him.
3) The threats were made way before he informed me of the personal issue in his family.
4) IMOC has a zero tolerance on ANY threatening behaviour.

The ban stands and the committee's decision is final.

This topic is not for discussion.
Thread locked.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six

Return to “Club News and Announcements”