missing pm

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Quigonjay

missing pm

Post by Quigonjay »

got an email about 8:15 this evening telling me had a pm on here but there is none?
had sent someone a pm about a part and i imagine it was their reply but nothing in my inbox
cheers
jay
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: missing pm

Post by Martin F »

Whoever sent it must have deleted it before you had a chance to open it i'm afraid.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

it was me! :lol: I replied to your PM jay via my phone, but went to my outbox and accidentally deleted it and couldnt be ar$ed to re-type.. so i've done that now (from a home PC) :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

had this again twice this week if anybody is trying to send me a pm?
two notifications in my email of new pm's on imoc but nothing there :-k
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

We are getting alot of Spammers registering and then PMing users about Spam/Viruses etc on their computer.

When it is drawn to our attention, John (Toxo) is manually deleting all the records from that user. My guess is you are one of the popular ones :thumleft:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Same here? :-k

Im guessing it was spam?
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah, I've removed over 1000 phishing spam PMs from the database in the last week alone, so that users can't accidentally click on the links contained within them and compromise their security. However you will have already received the email notification by that stage (if you have it switched on).
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

toxo wrote:Yeah, I've removed over 1000 phishing spam PMs from the database in the last week alone, so that users can't accidentally click on the links contained within them and compromise their security. However you will have already received the email notification by that stage (if you have it switched on).

lol, good work mate :clap:

Return to “Club News and Announcements”