Inter-changable Parts?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sanchi

Inter-changable Parts?

Post by sanchi »

Just wondering if there are any inter-changeable parts from the SW20 to the ZZW30?

The reason I ask is because I have an SW20 Turbo and am going to buy a ZZW30 and thought I could re use my coilovers.

Thanks.
Sanchi

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I have Recaro Speeds in the SW20. Would those rails fit in the ZZW30 and my Nardi Steering wheel?
HighwayStar

Re: Inter-changable Parts?

Post by HighwayStar »

I wouldn't have thought so fella... completely different cars separated by 10 years.
I know the seats can be made to fit (mk3 into mk2 though that's with new mountings) but I don't think anything else will though if you want to be sure call Rogue and ask Patrick, they work on enough mk2s and 3s to know.

R.
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

HighwayStar wrote:I wouldn't have thought so fella... completely different cars separated by 10 years.
I know the seats can be made to fit (mk3 into mk2 though that's with new mountings) but I don't think anything else will though if you want to be sure call Rogue and ask Patrick, they work on enough mk2s and 3s to know.

R.

Thanks for the reply! I thought as much but thought I'd better ask and double check.

Looks like I'll have all my parts for sale now.

Sanchi
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Mk1 and Mk3 go together - well rear calipers do :thumleft: and alloys
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Rear calipers also fit the MK2 as well as a MK1, so they must all be the same for that then. :)

Suspension is most definitely different though!
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

clear indies !
OlberJ

Post by OlberJ »

tonigmr2 wrote:Rear calipers also fit the MK2 as well as a MK1, so they must all be the same for that then. :)

They bolt up to the hub just fine but the offsets are different.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

The engine bay catch (chassis side) is interchangeable between mk2 and mk3. :thumleft:

So are rear brake pads - they're the same on all three mks.
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

I thought it would be a long shot but thought I might ask... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the Respones.... Also just out of interest what are the widest wheels you can fit under the stock arches with and without rolling... would i be able to fit 16x8 or 8.5 on the rear and 7 or 7.5 on the front? Also what type of ET would I be looking at.

Sanchi
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

For the mk2 or 3?
Don't think I'd even play with the mk3 wheels on a standard car... don't think you'll better it, particularly if it's a facelift car with the 15" fronts and 16" rears unless you got the same combo in a lighter weight.. looks nice too in my opinion.

R
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

HighwayStar wrote:For the mk2 or 3?
Don't think I'd even play with the mk3 wheels on a standard car... don't think you'll better it, particularly if it's a facelift car with the 15" fronts and 16" rears unless you got the same combo in a lighter weight.. looks nice too in my opinion.

R

It would be for the mk3. Just interested to know as you can fit 9's on the rear of mk2 with arch rolling just wondering if the same can be done for the mk3.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Are the pads definitely the same? I'm going to be refurbing 04 plate rear calipers and I wanted to know whether I should buy mk3 pads or mk1 pads.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I would have thought the pads would be the same whether you specified MK1 or MK3 tbh.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Yep, rear pads are the same.

Front pads are shared with the Yaris 1.3 VVTi :oops:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”