What is it worth MK3 X reg 80k miles.

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chris

What is it worth MK3 X reg 80k miles.

Post by Chris »

I've been offered a X reg MR2 done 80k miles. It is a laser green colour. Nice condition with full history :D No idea what it is worth so I need your help on this :wink:
Rowland

Re: What is it worth MK3 X reg 80k miles.

Post by Rowland »

£3,000 - £3,400 ?

Less if the engine isn't spot on and/or service history is patchy.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

cheapest early ones seem to be starting at £2500 - £3000 these days from looking on autotrader and pistonheads
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks guys, I'll see if he will take £2500ish for it. The colour is definately choice, but suits it in a way. I'm going to have a good look over it at the weekend. What are they like to drive? Never driven one? Anything to really look out for??

Cheers,
excalibur1814

Yesh

Post by excalibur1814 »

...Have the pre-cats been taken out?
Chris

Post by Chris »

No idea mate :lol: But it is the same colour as your car :shock: Looks nice with dark wheels!!!
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

Yeh...£2.5k seems a good ballpark figure...? :thumleft:

Has it a hard-top? If so, then maybe £2.8-£3k...? (Especially if it has a leather interior, in good nick.. :wink: )

When I was looking, around a year ago, it seemed that the silver and black ones are most sought-after, commanding around £500-£1k more than the others....?

Next I suppose are red and blue ones? The green ones, from what I could tell, are less popular (green being a bit "quirky"...an acquired taste)...?

So...you should pay SLIGHTLY less based on that?
Certainly, for me, green was my last choice of colour: I went for blue (quite common / crowd-pleaser?)

The engine is the #1 consideration, without a doubt!
Check the burning oil-issues, and the pre-cats, as mentioned... :thumleft:

If you're planning an engine conversion (most think the Mk3 is underpowered!), then you may be able to strike a mega deal on a knackered-engine car...?

If you simply want a nice, stock Mk3 to drive about, make sure you get one with a good engine: preferably, get a post -03 car..... :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”