JAE Weather Watch!!!!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

marc GT Turbo

Re: JAE Weather Watch!!!!

Post by marc GT Turbo »

jim-mapps wrote:Cheers, when I dropped it off tonight the guy said, "I'm hoping for Thursday, I don't usually let anyone down".

Don't know if that sounds promising or not! :pray:

what exactly you haing done ? i will have a good idea if it will be ready or not ??
1993 GT TURBO
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

It's having one arch complete with loads of filler chopped out and a new one put in. Some other small parts of rust sorted, a little one above the windscreen and the other is on another one of the arches but this one is nothing like as bad. Also a slight realignment at the front... bonnet and lights. (It's been crashed before)

Then a full respray.
Boys from the Dwarf are coming back!
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

jim-mapps wrote:It's having one arch complete with loads of filler chopped out and a new one put in. Some other small parts of rust sorted, a little one above the windscreen and the other is on another one of the arches but this one is nothing like as bad. Also a slight realignment at the front... bonnet and lights. (It's been crashed before)

Then a full respray.

so if they get stuck in tomorrow , its a day to cut out and weld in a new arch plus filler work ! and then the other bits on top ! it would mean everything would have to be in primer by tuesday night :shock: so it could be painted on wednesday then polished up and finished for thursday ! are you sure he didnt mean thurs next week buddy :-k thats a lot of work to get through in 2 days . unless there is a team of chaps all getting stuck in .
1993 GT TURBO
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Sweet, that means when im running around in just a bed sheet i wont be freezing my nuts off :lol:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

No but you might be scaring my nuts off!

If the weather is anything like it has been today then it's all good :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

rain , wind , rain and thats blackpool today :?
1993 GT TURBO
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

lol, Blackpool's not exactly near Kettering though is it... I am only 30 miles away :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

I'll be there either way... love this type of thing in the rain, proper sorts out the men from the boys :twisted:

Went to Download this year, there were people crying everywhere on the Thursday night just because it was raining and a bit muddy :lol:
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

marc GT Turbo wrote:
jim-mapps wrote:It's having one arch complete with loads of filler chopped out and a new one put in. Some other small parts of rust sorted, a little one above the windscreen and the other is on another one of the arches but this one is nothing like as bad. Also a slight realignment at the front... bonnet and lights. (It's been crashed before)

Then a full respray.

so if they get stuck in tomorrow , its a day to cut out and weld in a new arch plus filler work ! and then the other bits on top ! it would mean everything would have to be in primer by tuesday night :shock: so it could be painted on wednesday then polished up and finished for thursday ! are you sure he didnt mean thurs next week buddy :-k thats a lot of work to get through in 2 days . unless there is a team of chaps all getting stuck in .

There are quite a few lads working on the motor... plus it's a heavily discounted job (friend of a friend) so I'll probably be doing the polishing when I land at JAE! :lol: fingers crossed :pray:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

marc GT Turbo wrote:rain , wind , rain and thats blackpool today :?

Ahh....you have gotta love the South... 8) 76 degrees in London today!
:lol:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Yeah, however I aint lovin it too much tonight as its still bloody hot! 8)
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

jim-mapps wrote:
marc GT Turbo wrote:

Then a full respray.

There are quite a few lads working on the motor... plus it's a heavily discounted job (friend of a friend) so I'll probably be doing the polishing when I land at JAE! :lol: fingers crossed :pray:

i will have polishing goodies with me jim :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

Scott Barton wrote:
marc GT Turbo wrote:rain , wind , rain and thats blackpool today :?

Ahh....you have gotta love the South... 8) 76 degrees in London today!
:lol:

ok ok , at least if it was to rain this weekend i wouldnt notice it :lol: :lol:
1993 GT TURBO

Return to “JAE 2009”