hks system for NA

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Amelio

hks system for NA

Post by Amelio »

Hi

im thinking about buying a hks exhaust for my 97 NA but was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it. I have heard that some of the welding uses slightly softer steel and therefore the welds cause problems.

Anyone know any different?

Thanks, Ben
motep

Re: hks system for NA

Post by motep »

Don't know much about the HKS Exhaust, but I have the Blitz Realize TT on my N/A.
I'd highly reccomend it. Very good build quality, supplied with all new bolts and gaskets + looks and sounds the dogs!

I got mine from here:

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/

E-mail me if you want some pics.
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Thanks for the pics pete, looks very nice
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I think you'll pay for the HK$ name in all honesty. also don't even consider an exhaust unless its stainless.

Why not consider a custom made system? That way you can have it exactly how you want.

Magnex/mongoose are pretty good and not too loud either.
briforbes

HKS

Post by briforbes »

I've got the HKS Hiper system on my turbo, which I'm pretty happy with. The only stainless part is the back box, with the the centre box and the rest of the pipework being mild steel.

I had an incident recently where a speed bump broke one of the mounting bolts and the exhaust fell off while I was doing about 50mph, and the two welds broke where the pipes meet the centre box. I managed to get it welded up quite easily, but I think it would have been scrap had it been full stainless?

I get a great sound from the HKS, a low burble that isn't too loud and doesn't upset the neighbours, but I've seen people posting on here that they find it too quiet for them. Power gain was noticeable also.

Return to “Modifications”