Face Book

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CosmosblueMR2

Face Book

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Hi... me again with another "suggestion"

I work in a bank.. YAWN i know... but we have a FACE BOOK - whereby you can type in the name of the person and up comes their contact details and a mug shot.

now.... at EVERY meet, time and time again people are confused as to who is who, and we never know who we've been speaking to ! #-o

SO... my suggestion is for a face book..

for example... up above we have a another icon (Facebook) - whereby you enter the IMOC "handle" of said member... and up pops their mugshot.. (to be supplied by the member - just like the profile car shot currently is)

Contact details would be at the disgretion of the IMOC member I should say... bit like the Profile Page in this respect.

What do people think ??

cheers
Frank.
BenF
Premium Member

Re: Face Book

Post by BenF »

Frank ..

Good idea - what about using the 'Garage' area to add a pic of yourself with you car? Then it will be fairly easy to identify people at meets ;)

Ben.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Yeah add a modification to your car....category interior ....name driver and add the photo!!! :cyclops:

I might look at doing it in the profile frank...the test site has just had all the car stuff removed as it now sits in the garage...so there would be room in the profile.
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

How about a second avatar ? - 1" square mugshot of the "member" so to speak... :wink:

it makes the posting of threads more personal as you can SEE who is replying to you on the left..

I think that would be a really good idea.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:How about a second avatar ? - 1" square mugshot of the "member" so to speak... :wink:

it makes the posting of threads more personal as you can SEE who is replying to you on the left..

To be honest having a second avatar would take up to much screen space.
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

poyntesm wrote:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:How about a second avatar ? - 1" square mugshot of the "member" so to speak... :wink:

To be honest having a second avatar would take up to much screen space.

Boo ! :eye:
gmtc

Post by gmtc »

how about having a first avatar (for the rest of us!).
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

gmtc wrote:how about having a first avatar (for the rest of us!).

We requested all people of signed up to be beta testers to help us test the premium features we have planned. While we did not get the numbers we really want we did get a complete test done..there were two issues that needed fixing. They have been fixed this week and we will do a final test next week, after that we should be ready...so you will be able to get avatars soon.
gmtc

Post by gmtc »

Excellent....and nice work. great job getting this site up and running (and keep it going) :)
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

do we pay a donation for the right to have an avatar ?

where do i send it ? :mrgreen:

oh and I've been a good boy and been busy doing my "garage" - only halfway done but looks the biz.. great feature that - well done =D>
FonZe

Post by FonZe »

and on the new forum/site will we be having names/ranks/titles equivalant to our posts?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

FonZe,

It is not a new site or forum...just a upgrade to this one. Basically if you pay £5 a year to become a premium member you get access to avatars and signatures and a increase garage and album storage and a insurance scheme is well under way to be arranged. You will get a rank of Premium Member and it will be visible in every post...like IMOC Affiliate currently is.

We are pretty much finished and ready to go...I need to arrange with the other admins when we put this live..
FonZe

Post by FonZe »

ok, nice one
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

I think we should put this in the general section too. More people can see it.
I think it's a good idea for people to show their mugs. Creates a friendlier environment. :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yeah, then some comic will suggest a 'hot or not' rating system! :lol:

T

Return to “Club News and Announcements”