TEAM IMOC - Ten of the Best 8 (TOTB VIII) - July 26th, 2009

Information and discussion about TOTB

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: TEAM IMOC - Ten of the Best 8 (TOTB VIII) - July 26th, 2009

Post by michael »

Unfortunately Chris Hayes (cadbury chris) has had to withdraw his entry due to delays with the car, necessary upgrades to cope with the power it's putting out aren't ready and the car wouldn't be able to launch safely without them.

A massive shame for Chris and the team but these things happen.
michael

Post by michael »

Just back from Elvington, that A64 can be a nightmare at times.

3 of the 5 cars are on site, we have the usual area of the pitlane saved close to the start line so pop down and say hello tomorrow.

The parking for the club it up the top end of the trade area at the side of the handling circuit. Someone should divert cars with passes up that way.

Warm and sunny there today, hopefullu much of the same tomorrow :)

A quick warning for people driving in tomorrow, when I went up today I counted 8 Volvo estate police cars (one unmarked in burgundy) parked up on the A64, a "dog" van that seemed more like a camera one and about 6 police motorbikes. When I left Elvington at 7pm there was a camera van parked at the entrance to the air museum, it looked as though it was watching anyone who pulled off the main road into the industrial estate.

So set off early and don't be tempted to go too fast, seems like they are out in force at the moment, must be saving up for something nice or trying to make up crime figures.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'm looking forward to seeing the results, it turns out the stag do was rearranged at the last minute so I could've been there ](*,) Too late now though, I won't be able to sort things out in time.

Good luck to everyone involved. I hope Team MR2 is not plagued with the problems that have caused so many issues in the past. It does at least look like no one will be overheating :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

just got up and im so glad i got a room with only an hours run this morning.
First time ive ever use premier inn but very pleased and had a great nights sleep.
Will be setting off soon so thanks for the heads up with the volvos etc although i wont be driving like an idiot :lol:

See you all there soon

dave :thumleft:
jill00babe

Post by jill00babe »

michael wrote:
Century Motorsport wrote:hmmmm, top speed run in the rivers that form on the strip @ elvington.... cant wait for that one!

It's going to be sunny....

...say it with me now....

:pray:

Current BBC forecast suggest sunny Sat and then 21C and light showers on Sunday.

u lied ther was no sun just wind and rain boo hoo :cry: lol
michael

Post by michael »

I saw the sun just after 5pm :)

The weather was pretty grim though, not ideal conditions for racing, everyone seemed to be struggling for grip.

Quick MR2 results as best I know, there may be more times coming in later though, they were a bit late getting them out again.

Quarter Mile times:

B16 - Larry - 11:61
B17 - George - 13:14
B18 - Scott - 13:9
B19 - Michael - 12:37
B20 - Nathan - 10:25

Handling Circuit:

B17 - George - 45:48
B18 - Scott - 46:08

Top Speed:

B16 - Larry - 149.9mph
B17 - George - 143.6
B18 - Scott - 127.2mph
B19 - Michael - 160.8mph
B20 - Nathan - 63.

Don't take these as gospel until the official results come in but it's the best I could do based on their somewhat antique results system.

Huge thanks to everyone who took part and supported the team, not the best weather and not the biggest team but the great club spirit was there in full force again. Unfortunately the day wasn't without it's problems for some but I'll let people tell their own stories when they get home and find time to post.

Really nice to meet so many of you, sorry if I was all over the place or just generally looking dazed. MR2 display looked nice up the top end, bit out of the way but nice to see some good examples there, I think I got photos of them all, will try and upload when I wake up again.

Time to start thinking about next year I guess....
jill00babe

Post by jill00babe »

after 5 :shock: was a bit late i had gone by then without meetin one of u... :( my god am sure u was hidin from me lol :lol: ...well done on yr times guys saw u run a few times.. dead impressive maaybe i shud have a go and show u how it done :D he he :wink:

Return to “TOTB - Team IMOC-UK”