Thanks To Every One At JAE

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oukie
IMOC Organiser

Re: Thanks To Every One At JAE

Post by oukie »

Oh no I watched(and cheered) you when your were on that :shock:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'm still suffering a case of phantom wrist band lol. Got lots of comments about my tan today. Incredibly i've gone brown! How's the head oukie?
big_ron

Thanks from me Lin and Danny

Post by big_ron »

A big thank you for a great weekend, it was all a bit daunting at the start, this being our first meet, but we were soon welcomed in by all you wonderful guys and gals.
When Danny got home to her folks, she couldn't stop talking about her adventures over the weekend, she like us found everything so amazing, what more could you wish for, a great venue with sun that seemed never to stop shinning and people that were so warming.
I will have a look at what I've taken on the camcorder and upload some stuff soon.
Oh...there is one complaint from Danny :? she could not get a ice cream or ice lolly anywere on JAE.....anyone else had the same problem?
Cheers guys and gals, hope to see you all again soon.

Ron, Lin and Danny :D :thumleft:
Spittinflames... Forever in our heart...
3-7-08
Reached Heaven Early...
monkeymax

Re: Thanks from me Lin and Danny

Post by monkeymax »

big_ron wrote:Oh...there is one complaint from Danny :? she could not get a ice cream or ice lolly anywere on JAE.....anyone else had the same problem?

Hi Ron. Danny was far from alone in feeling that! I know I'd have loved a '99 on Saturday, and there were a lot of other people who also said something about the lack of ice cream vans. I think that there was a real profit missed out on there by someone! Completely the opposite from most shows that have too many ice cream vans!

By the way Ron, when clearing up we found a teeny-tiny fleece - has Danny lost one? (We figured she was the only likely owner of it! :) )
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

It was a pleasure to have you all there Ron, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You are always welcome at our club events. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

matt_mr2t wrote:I'm still suffering a case of phantom wrist band lol. Got lots of comments about my tan today. Incredibly i've gone brown! How's the head oukie?

lol heres me thinking im wierd for still thinking the bands still there. Great weekend tho all round. Really enjoyed it! Cheers all!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

ppre89 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I'm still suffering a case of phantom wrist band lol. Got lots of comments about my tan today. Incredibly i've gone brown! How's the head oukie?

lol heres me thinking im wierd for still thinking the bands still there. Great weekend tho all round. Really enjoyed it! Cheers all!

Hmmn, I actually cut the band off Monday morning having forgotten it was there... :oops: Saw it on my way to work....
T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

tonigmr2 wrote:
Hmmn, I actually cut the band off Monday morning having forgotten it was there... :oops: Saw it on my way to work....
T

My band fell off 15 minutes after they put it on! Needless to say I didn't worry about it throughout the rest of the weekend.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think the PWBS is fading.

**PWBS = phantom wrist band syndrome**
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

good to meet everyone and put some names to faces :thumleft:

I am having quite a strong attack of PWBS
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

yeah its fading a little but still pretty strong lmao
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Just realised that's you Scott lol. I thought you said your username was BRE89

I dont know how I managed to get home on Sunday. There seemed to be one sign every couple of miles for the A12.

I kept getting to round abouts and traffic lights and not seeing any signage at all. I ended up using a bit of common sense and looking at signs on the other side of the road as I went past them. Couple of times I had to turn round.

Nothing worse than badly sign posted area's. Especially when I dont rely on pratnav.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

I took the backroads back to the A12. After leaving the island all the other cars went right and I went left... :lol:
However, I'd come that way (just by writing down a list of the villages I had to pass through as I couldn't print out a map and have forgotten my map at the parents) so kinda knew where I was going. It was probably not the quickest route back, but possibly the shortest and probably the more fun! :D

I found the signage for villages was spot-on. Though I didn't see any signs for the A12 until I was pretty much on it... :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I went over the causeway and carried on until I saw a sign saying left to A12 at a mini round about then continued that way.

I would never have found the campsite if I was going there on my own. I just followed Scott as he had satnav and it seemed to work lovely.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

The road on the way to Mersea that i found with my satnav was a great driving road!

Moving this thread to the forum 'JAE 2008'

:thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

yeah that was a top road found by your sat nav! Nice drive following Matt and Scott down :thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Even if my exhaust was a tad loud...... :mrgreen:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

lmao, was good watchin the flames lick out having a little fun through the lanes with blood pooring from my ears lmao :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Nah it wasnt too bad, well until I parked up behind you, then my car shook.

Geez, thought mine was loud!

I'm shocked at myself for enjoying the country route so much. Never been my cuppa tea but as soon as the roads got smooth it was brilliant fun.

Return to “JAE 2008”