Repair manual MK1a Bluetop

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ufer

Repair manual MK1a Bluetop

Post by ufer »

Hi everyone,

I have some troubles with the engine and have to repair it - cylinder head, piston rings, bearings etc. I have some repair manuals from 1986, 1987, 1988 in English and German but I have seen too much differences especially by the sort of head bolts, torques and torques methods between the models. My MK1a I also bought in Swiss. It is LHD, has a CAT but is Bluetop, 3 rips cylinder block, big ports, 1,6 l, 85 kW/116 PS and is produced in Japan in March 1986. Are you able to help me with some technical information about my model? I couldn't find nothing else as for the later specs (MK1b and others after 1986).

Best regards
jimi

Re: Repair manual MK1a Bluetop

Post by jimi »

I have scanned to pdf my copy of the Toyota 4A-GE Engine Repair Manual
Pub. No. RM063E (MAY 1987) if that's of any use to you ?
ufer

Bluetop

Post by ufer »

Thanks Jimi,

I think I have this manual. It has 319 pages and gives information about 4A-F and 4A-GE engines. But there are missing pages and if you have the fool file I'll appreciate if you send it to my mail: [email protected]. I have almost all important technical data and need only to compare some differences before and after August 1986 when the MK1b is produced.

Best regards
jimi

Post by jimi »

It's a bit to big to email, I've put a copy up on my website you can download it from here https://jlawson.co.uk/index.php/downloa ... gory/8-mk1
Last edited by jimi on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ufer

Post by ufer »

Thank you but I have this one and I have used it. I'm sorry I write to late. I have had some problems with the forum and I couldn't write always when I want. I hope now is OK. I found a Corolla manual but it is also from 1987. Actually I have searched manual for Bluetop 1985-1986 where one can see the differences with the Redtop and I didn't find it yet. So, next month I hope I'll collect the motor, if the corona virus doesn't stop me... All parts are here!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”