My 400whp saga, 373whp after mapping.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

blogsy

Re: My 400whp saga, 373whp after mapping.

Post by blogsy »

Unlucky mate, I've got a phenolic spacer on mine. I got it from ATS racing, he told me in an email when I asked the question about gaskets, that it doesn't need any either side of it, so I'm using mine on it's own as recommended by Scot. Anyway good luck next time, It's surprising how nervous you get ha ha. Have you seen the movie American Graffiti when Harrison Ford suggests that Milner's Car is p1$$ Yellow, Lot of shades of that lol good luck next time mate.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah that's what i read too but they guy down at RA says he always uses gaskets with them. I should really inspect the inlet for a warp anyway while it's off. Would be silly not to. Painter reckons 4 weeks maximum for the car so that takes me to the 1st of august. Hopefully i can have it mapped that week.

Yeah I was so nervous about the rolling road ha! I will say this, Now that the car is fuelling properly the difference in engine bay temps is quite shocking, It's a good bit cooler now than it was.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

So decided to go with signal (not solar) yellow but with a nebula yellow pearl laquer. Colour is the same as this audi in the link.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/products/neb ... 5631600708

This is with a yellow undercoat but doesn't say which paint code the undercoat is. So here's hoping it's similar to this anyway!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Couple pics. Wanting to change the LEDs in the dials to match my gauges.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

painter cracking on with this. So glad i decided to do this now as the tbar area was really bad. Sill are an absolute disgrace. Metal under the side vent is bad too. Think the windows are coming out to do the rest. Not quite a bare shell respray but taking off as much as he can. It's their first job in their new unit (next door to my recording studio) so they want it to be really on point as the car will be a bit of an advert for them.
Vapid

Post by Vapid »

Can't wait to see the final result of all of this, it's going to be awesome.

Also, the thread looks a lot more tidy now that the troll has been eradicated.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah that was all a bit weird eh haha! Yeah I'm really looking forward to it being done! Also being back to a toyota colour fills me with joy haha!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Wee sneak peak today. Rest of the panels getting done tomorrow so hoping to have this back in a week or so. The pics/lighting don't do the colour any justice but it's toyota signal yellow with nebula yellow pearl powder mixed into clearcoat on top. I absolutely love it! The renault yellow is a great colour but I've come to detest the "goldness" of it. Anyway, Back to the mappers once I have this back!!
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

doing a lot of work on this, cant wait to see the results.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

same here, annoyingly the paint shop closed for a weeks holiday so that halted any progress. He's doing all the panels and pieces that they've stripped tomorrow so fingers crossed i have it back in a week or so. They've repaired the sills too, told them just to make them solid as they will never be seen (no chance i can ever put the car back to standard after cutting the rear quarters up) so the sills are now solid with all rust removed from anywhere they could find it. I just need to change the suspension to something that rides better, probably just UK suspension to be honest and then, then it is finished!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Car being polished today (excuse the watermarks on the paint). Next to the old panels i cannot believe how orangey/gold the old Renault colour is. The more I see it the more I absolutely hate it! Tried to get a close up of the paint with the flash but I think I'll really need the car in the sun to see the full effect of the pearl powder.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

The car when I bought it 6-7 years ago.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

You're doing a lot better than me mate. My car has been with my bodyshop since January, an almost restoration job.

I hope to get it back this weekend :pray:

Your paint finish looks very interesting
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

It's horrible waiting eh. The last time mine was painted it was away for 6 months. Was really frustrating, As happy as i was with the paint job over time I started to see where corners had been cut. And I am soooo fed up of that renault yellow. The colour it is now just looks exactly like stock but with pearl in it. Indoors you can't even see the pearl till you're right up to the car. The colour match for the original is spot on. When I had it painted before the guy never done the door checks so they were still the original yellow. Now the car is back to the same colour you don't even notice the door checks are still unpainted. I'm hoping the car is done next week, He was doing the bonnet, Bumper and boot yesterday.

Can barely see the difference now. Before it was very obvious as it it was 2 different colours.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Starting to take shape. Really looking forward to seeing it in the sun.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Collecting the car monday, cannot wait. I am over the moon with the new/old colour :)

Could probably do with a better shaped number plate!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Other than the rear plate :lol:

It looks superb!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah i totally love it!!!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

I can see why!! awesome
:twisted: :twisted:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Cheers mate. Mapping on the 10th. Then gonna refresh all the suspension. The car is riding terrible just now. Wobble under braking (split new discs, pads and calipers). Crashy, rough, feels old and horrible so i think get all the bushes done and change shocks and springs.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”