[Mk2] [Turbo] Twin Scroll Turbos

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

blogsy

[Mk2] [Turbo] Twin Scroll Turbos

Post by blogsy »

Can we use our standard exhaust manifolds to run a twin scroll turbo? like a Garrett GTX3067. I realise you would have to make or buy a, Our manifold to a t3 with a divide in it adaptor. But if you had one of them would it work. I keep reading the best way to spool up fast is to have a twin scroll, and although our cars are called twin entry they are actually twin scroll.
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Twin Scroll Turbos

Post by shinny »

Why wouldn't it work? The CT26 and CT20b are both twin scroll so, with the right adaptor on the stock manifold, why would there be a problem? Sure the stock manifold isn't equal length so it's slightly sub-optimal, but surely it's still going to be beneficial?

Ebay special adaptor here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142083473510
No idea how well it fits and it obviously doesn't have space for an external wastegate (if that's something you need)
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

Has to be external wastegate, so that's a problem.
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

Turns out you need to keep the two chambers apart and not let them mix, or you lose the pulse in the exhaust flow. So you need two wastegates. The CT20 has two separate ports behind it's wastegate to prove this point. Not sure I can be ar$ed now :eye:

Return to “Modifications”